hey im into really really really heavy ass metal, i mostly play death metal though. things such as the black dahlia murder or bring me the horizon or as blood runs black and also stuff like breakbeat stuff. I've looked at too many amps to count!!! I've talked to pretty much everyone about it but i need a majority decision on what amp to get that would rule all for metal. What amp would you guys recomend for this? I'm looking for a tube amp that would happen to be less than $1500 used or new. So far most people say its between Mesa dual and triple rec, peavey 6505 and 6505+, and madison divinity II, and randall v2 and t2, and lastly the engl powerball. and no i hate using fx pedals or any pedals to "improve my sound".

Thanks,
John
those are all great chioces all you have to do is try them out
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
true but i cant try them out really cuz there are none like anywhere except for the peaveys so idk what to do about that?
krank or mesa/boogie. really, thats what bands like them play.
XBL GamerTag = IAmSentient6

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Marhshall MG30 (for sale)
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack (mine forever)
Interested in Melodic Thrash Metal? ALUSTRIUM AND LAST NAIL DRIVEN!
well especially with buying something THIS expensive you are going to want to try it out
scratch that
you will HAVE to try it out, if you have any common sense
maybe a friend, craigslist?
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
yea i know thats kinda why i made this so that i could get like four amazingly supreme amp suggestions then go search all of colorado for them, but yeah i have tried craigslist and normally people are cool about it but some of them are just like no and you buy now there is no trying and im like fine f you, but yea i have tried kranks but i find they lack idk what exactly maybe body or tone or distortion idk i cant describe it but yes mesa boogie is top on my list so far
Krank Rev jr. (it'll get you over the drummer, may have to mic at gigs)
Peavey valveking 212, you can also run the speaker out to a 4x12 cab if you need more volume
try to find a used marshall JCM800 for 1000 or less, and buy a fender FM 4x12(they're great cabs, comparable to a marshall 1960A or 1960B IMO).
Please do not insinuate anything sexual from that.

Quote by cobain_is_king
If your friends don't like your guitar, cover it in stickers and it'll be teh rawks!
yea but i dont like krank. i thought marshalls kinda lacked in metal too same with valveking, but ya thanks for the suggestions.
Quote by ESP666ESP
yea but i dont like krank. i thought marshalls kinda lacked in metal too same with valveking, but ya thanks for the suggestions.

Fender FM?http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-FM-100H-Guitar-Amp-Head?sku=483716
randall G3? http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Randall-G3-Plus-Series-RH300G3PLUS-300W-Guitar-Amp-Head?sku=481693
Fender MH? http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-MH500-Metalhead-Guitar-Amp?sku=480869

It sounds like you just plain don't like tube amps, to me.

Quote by cobain_is_king
If your friends don't like your guitar, cover it in stickers and it'll be teh rawks!
Quote by Iansmitchell
Krank Rev jr. (it'll get you over the drummer, may have to mic at gigs)
Peavey valveking 212, you can also run the speaker out to a 4x12 cab if you need more volume
try to find a used marshall JCM800 for 1000 or less, and buy a fender FM 4x12(they're great cabs, comparable to a marshall 1960A or 1960B IMO).

what are you talking about
THEY HAVE 100 WATTS MAX OUT OF A 4 X 12
sorry but that looks like **** too me
no where in the league of 1960's
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
How about a Randall Rm100. You can get a Marshall, Mesa, or Bogner in one head. Depending on where you're located it may be hard to find a dealer, but I just played one and I'm getting on for sure. It'll give you the option for many different high gain/ heavy tones.
SPAM:

Good deals: rok-en-rol, truespin, ICFootball62, IndianScout, tinypants, HartRacer86, Huntred_67, Perandor, and many others from HC
Quote by acdclandon
what are you talking about
THEY HAVE 100 WATTS MAX OUT OF A 4 X 12
sorry but that looks like **** too me
no where in the league of 1960's

It's an MF misprint, fender ranks the individual speakers at 50W.
So it'd be 200W.
I checked fender's site to compare.

Quote by cobain_is_king
no i hate solid state amps its just my quest for tone, im looking for a killer death metal tube amp, but yeah i was looking at that randall for a while but i just found better amps
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by acdclandon
don't listen to this guy he's full of crap

Well seeing as the JCM, peavey valve king, and krank rev jr. can all WAY past the metal tones I'd go to, past COF levels and beyond, I have no idea where else to go with tube amps.
Since this guy doesn't want pedals, maybe he wants the "crushing overdrive" of solid state amps.

Quote by cobain_is_king
dude no those amps dont have the metal sound, yeah they can play metal and some rack gear can spice them up, but no man i've tried those cuz some other dudes a long time ago told me the same thing so i tried them and they never got heavy enough. Thanks thou
Then maybe it's your playing style? Your guitar's pickups? Your strings?

Quote by cobain_is_king
Quote by ESP666ESP
dude no those amps dont have the metal sound, yeah they can play metal and some rack gear can spice them up, but no man i've tried those cuz some other dudes a long time ago told me the same thing so i tried them and they never got heavy enough. Thanks thou

You can't get a Krank to sound metal enough?
Thats kind of hard to believe.
You're grammar is kind of hard to follow (hint: use periods and capital letters, not just commas) so i may have read something wrong.
What's your budget?
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
Quote by Iansmitchell
Well seeing as the JCM, peavey valve king, and krank rev jr. can all WAY past the metal tones I'd go to, past COF levels and beyond, I have no idea where else to go with tube amps.
Since this guy doesn't want pedals, maybe he wants the "crushing overdrive" of solid state amps.

maybe the engl, b-52, or 6505 that he metnioned?
just why would you ever reccomend **** amps like those
the guy knows what hes doing
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by acdclandon
maybe the engl, b-52, or 6505 that he metnioned?
just why would you ever reccomend **** amps like those
the guy knows what hes doing

None of those amps are **** amps...
The VK is rather mediocre, but it isn't ****. I'd take a Krank Rev Jr. over a B-52 any day.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab