Please read this before you reply!!!

Hi. I'll jump straight into this then. I own a mg100hdfx halfstack (mg412a cab). I know i'll get a lot of **** saying, get a tube amp, but i don't have that kind of money to spend on an amp, If i could, trust me, the mg would be gone so fast it would make your ****ing heads spin. so none of this "get rid of it and get a tube/valve amp"

Now to the problem. I use this amp to gig. I own a epiphone les paul standard with a fender atomic in the neck position and a seymour duncan antiquity humbucker in the bridge and I like them so don't tell me i need new pickups.

When i turn my amp up past about 1/4 on the master volume to get proper giggig levels, it starts to feedback when on the bridge postion. If i turn it down on the guitar, its fine (no feedback) but the tone is gone, which is what i don't want.

??????Now what can i do apart from turning the gain down and standing further away. Would getting the other speaker (mg412b) help in increasing the volume without feedback????????

I play mostly classic rock: acdc-gnr-queen-dire straits-sabbath-van halen

Any questions, please ask and i'll answer ASAP .

Thanks for hearing me out.
No another cabinet isn't going to help. I would check into a noise gate. I would go with an ISP Decimator.
yup, ya may want to try a noise gate, and a metal muff to make the MG actually sound like something bearable (its really cheap guy)
BE HAPPY

Quote by ajmasterjaydude
so this kid at my school microwaved brussel sprouts for lunch, and when he was about to eat them one of them exploded on his face and burned him. i like turtles

in a thread about malmsteen^