Page 1 of 4
Title speaks for itself.
My country's media glorifies and values stupidity and mediocrity. And that's only the beginning...
Do you ride in kangaroos?

edit: i personally never get asked this...
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Last edited by Deep*Kick at Jun 23, 2008,
^ +1 To stupid stereotypes.
45 days without my precious UG...
CURSE YOU LOLWUT PEAR!!!

Quote by eggo_boi_15
Arnt the first few things anyone learns on a guitar is

1. Nirvana - smells like teen spirit
2. Prince - Smoke on the water
3. White stripes - seven nation army
Anna Coren

If you're from Australia you either love her and bow to her fear mongering bullsh*t TV show

Or you hate her with a serious passion!

I'm a proud member of Group 2...

To elaborate further I hate Australia's media in general, nothing but scare tactics, every night...

For example the news last night said Ibuprofen can be deadly...so half the country stops using pain killers...

/frustration
This water's dark and coldGod's not where you hopedThis moment come and goneIt's time we all moved on
Too many stereotypes by retarded americans.
My cousin went down to mexico and met some girl from kentucky or one of those states, she actually thought we didn't have color tv yet...
[RANT BEGIN]
In my country, you can not say ANYTHING without someone complaining. People are always complaining.
People come over here, get our goverment handouts, and still complain constantly.
Our goverment is stupid, dont come to australia, its GAY as. ****s expensive over here...
Ill tell you a little story. DID YOU KNOW, that its actually cheaper to go to canada or japan to the ski slopes and snow, than it is to go to the mountains here in Australia? The people over here are pathetic too, "Ban this! Ban alcohol! OLD PEOPLE COMPLAIN LOUDLY!"
Jesus.
[RANT END]

The reasons Im going to move to Europe when im older. It HAS to be better over there.
Quote by MoshPitRock
ANIMALS LIE DOWN.
that's just what they do.
there's probably humans doing the same thing.
quit being so paranoid.

Quote by Shredder XXX
Anna Coren

If you're from Australia you either love her and bow to her fear mongering bullsh*t TV show

I'm a proud member of Group 2...

To elaborate further I hate Australia's media in general, nothing but scare tactics, every night...

For example the news last night said Ibuprofen can be deadly...so half the country stops using pain killers...

/frustration

Tonight on Channel 7...
thats not that bad. some french people came to my country one time and were astound to find out we had an educational system. it pretty much sucks but come on.
also, everybody thinks communism when they hear romania. THAT IS OVER.
i have no sig
Quote by Schnitzel_Man
^ +1 To stupid stereotypes.

Aren't all Tasmanians imbred? jks.
Yeah **** today tonight, and to a lesser extent A Current Affair. And yeah our governments run by whiny old idiots who can't keep a single promise.
Last edited by consecutive e at Jun 23, 2008,
canada is good, except we try too hard to be cool and copy america.

on that note, american restaurants are selling weak ass poutine for like 18$ now
canada must be like, the new italy or some nonsense

only reasonably good musicians IMO are rush

and someone has got to tell me, is american beer really weaker than the canadian version of the same brand? cus that might just be sad
BE HAPPY

Quote by ajmasterjaydude
so this kid at my school microwaved brussel sprouts for lunch, and when he was about to eat them one of them exploded on his face and burned him. i like turtles

in a thread about malmsteen^
Well Let's just start with my city, the stupid fucking council is wasting something like 180 million on a freaking rugby stadium (a dying sport by the way) when things like drinking water quality in outskirt suburbs is sub-par and we lack a decent public transport system or tourism industry. Our whole city is fueled by the university which is attended by retards that somehow managed to get in when all they care about is rugby and beer.
gayness
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Dunno, stupid drinking culture? But that's basically everywhere...

My country basically has the problem every country has...
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Too many chavs, its constintly raining. This is just the start of a very long list
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Wasburn x-series - not a bad starter guitar, recomended!
Aston 15w - I need a better amp
Digitech rp250
anyone noticed its all aussies in here haha,

um probably that you think we say crikey and **** all the time
lets put another shrimp on the barby

but anoying things in our countrytoday tonight
Quote by Shredder XXX
Anna Coren

I have to say that if I ever had a shotgun. And Anna Corens head was nearby....

The worst thing about Australia would be, not as bad as it seems people have said in this thread. I'm not very political so I don't know much about government or anything, but bands don't come to Aus sometime when they do a "world tour". And I'm from Perth which makes it ten times worse. :P

But the whole Ramsay incident it getting annoying (don't know if the Easteners are getting it) but recently they started playing "Ramsays Kitchen Nightmares" and "Hells Kitchen" on Free-to-Air TV. And as soon as people heard him swear, the complaints never stop. I reckon if you don't like it, TURN IT THE **** OFF AND GO OUTSIDE!
don't get me started, that's all i'm saying
??? Fund: cba to keep up with it.
will at least try when I get a jerb
੧_\\\

yours,

Alex (mcfreaki)

CHAVS EVERYWHERE
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Last edited by [x]Huffy[x] at Jun 23, 2008,
People who spend too much time dwelling on immigration, chavs and housing prices.

And Piers Morgan.
Quote by kaptink
People who spend too much time dwelling on immigration, chavs and housing prices.

And Piers Morgan.

Isn't he america's problem now?
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
everyone is slowly becoming illiterate and 'forgetting' what words mean

like i said the word conform around my friend who i though was smart, and she didn't know what it meant :O
------------------------------------------------------------------

im a girl, dont call me 'he'

Quote by aznmetalhead93
I used to think Eddie Van Halen was a vampire.
Quote by lozabee
everyone is slowly becoming illiterate and 'forgetting' what words mean

like i said the word conform around my friend who i though was smart, and she didn't know what it meant :O

You speaking American in Austrailia!

I know this thread is about countries other than the US but I can't stand the blind nationalism one bit.
Quote by Shredder XXX
how about the way your entire country generalizes a culture by the actions of a few, citing any Americans idea of a middle eastern person.
we are the fattest
Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
Last edited by heavenbesideyou at Jun 27, 2008,
My county hasnt had a decent political leader since 1944. My country still has a chip on its shoulder as a result of its war for independance/civil war.
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
My country has the money of your countries' tax dodgers..

Also we have a lot of xenophobes! But I guess, that's pretty much the same in all the western countries at the moment.
There's no problems at all i think with England...
HAHA only joking, where do i start :\
Chavs
Trisha
Daytime TV with the crappy banter and Adverts on mortgage loans
Chucklevision (Joke lol)
Tabloid newspapers and the pointless stories on things like "Amy Winehouse Stubs Toe!! Pages 3-14!!"
Amy Winehouse
Big Brother
People who go on Big Brother then come out and publish their "stories" and then have 5 minuits of Fame on various Talk show programs...

I will stop now before I carry on forever lol.
The BNP. Seriously, I mean Chavs and that are bad, but the BNP and their supporters take my anger to the next level.
I could write a book on this subject, but I'm sure Steven Colbert did it better.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by Foo'
The BNP. Seriously, I mean Chavs and that are bad, but the BNP and their supporters take my anger to the next level.

+1
Drugs are illegal.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
The media, exagerating every little situation to an extent I couldn't believe possible. For example, a politician got angry and exchanged some angry words with some night club staff, forced her staff members to sign statuatory declarations to say that she didn't. The media started comparing it to the Watergate Scandal.
The public and their general stupidity. "Gawd, I, liek, saw this thing on teh tv, it sez ahm getten ripped off at teh soopermahket!" They believe anything "reported" as truth.
The new government. Apparantly, after just 7 months, they have no more legislation to introduce, no new ideas. Bah, this isn't the political thread so i'll stop there, but I could go on for pages about them.
The music scene. Horrible.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Page 1 of 4