I think an interesting question to ask both others and yourself is the question of what you strive to do with and in your music.

For me, my musical goal is to combine with the utmost cohesion strong, powerful, and when necessary, brutal, riffs with 'soaring' melodies, intricate flurries of notes that outline my chordal progressions, and delicate yet occasionally dissonant arpeggios.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Last edited by SG Man Forever at Jun 23, 2008,
i wanna write stuff that other people and find licks people will say "Aw man i wish i wold thought of that" or "its simple yet amazing"
Quote by notsojoeyb4eva
Prove to her you won't shoot any real prostitutes. Bring one back, and show your mum how curteous and polite you can be with them.
To have a hobby, although I want to be very good. But by no means am I making a career out of music.
To become a guitar virtuoso and to be a famous composer

(I take my music seriously...)
Quote by Bartleby
i tune to drop-Z and string my guitar with barbed wire.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
we r all rlaeted bcuz teh bibel sez so we r al innbreads lolo

Prime Minister of Puppets of The Australia FTW Club

One of The 9 Winners of the Official 5th MOD Contest
Quote by joeymaxx
Play the music I love, to the people I love.

That in a nutshell. As long as I'm doing that I'm happy. And I want to be a well-known composer/solo artist, and I'll do what it takes to get there.
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

um well im doing a degree of contemporary music at university but i haven't really thought much about my career or future. Id like to try make it in a band but im also looking at being a session guitarist as thats what lots of my degree covers. I also like the idea of kind of singer/songwriter kinda stuff. Or like work in a recording studio as an audio engineer, maybe try start my own studio, i dunno, i have lots of options im just gonna see what happens.
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Just to get better at playing the music I like, be able to put together some nice sounding songs. Maybe do a gig or 2 at some point would be nice.
My Gear:
Ashton AG131
Ashton GA10 (amp)
Marshall MG250DX (gasp, i know...)
Ibanez S470DXQM
EH Metal Muff
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") ... he's gaining power
Quote by eggo_boi_15
That in a nutshell. As long as I'm doing that I'm happy. And I want to be a well-known composer/solo artist, and I'll do what it takes to get there.

Exactly

I don't mind about being successful though, I'd rather stick to my style than changing for other people.
Quote by joeymaxx

Exactly

I don't mind about being successful though, I'd rather stick to my style than changing for other people.

I'll stick to my style and if people don't like my style then they don't have to listen, but I know there will be people who will like my music. At the end of the day however, if I'm playing/writing the music I love, it doesn't matter who likes it/doesn't matter, cos I like it.

Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

Quote by eggo_boi_15
I'll stick to my style and if people don't like my style then they don't have to listen, but I know there will be people who will like my music. At the end of the day however, if I'm playing/writing the music I love, it doesn't matter who likes it/doesn't matter, cos I like it.

i like you
I'm more asking what it is that you try to do within the music itself, expressing whatever musical ideas you have, stuff like that.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by SG Man Forever
I'm more asking what it is that you try to do within the music itself, expressing whatever musical ideas you have, stuff like that.

My musical ideas depend on my inspiration. No inspiration = No ideas

I try to take a variety of styles and combine them all into my own. And depending on the theme, or ideas behind my music, that depends on how the music will turn out.

I've written orchestral pieces, I've written death metal pieces, I've written stripped down 'bash your face on the floor' music and I've written huge melodic classical based music. It all depends on what the inspiration is.

Quote by joeymaxx

i like you

Quote by dark&broken

haha i didnt wanna say become successfull.....but now that people metion it..............thats my ultimate goal...to take my band placesand make a living out of music

may not ever become massive...but just to be able to play music everyday...and still ''put food on the table''
to have fun playing with friends, and for the entertainment of others...
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
I want to get on stages and play music that I love. I want to entertain people with diverse, creative and original music.
I want to make a bold musical statement
"Physics is like sex. Sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it." - Richard Feynman
To make music I want to hear and have fun playing it to those who want to listen.
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace