Just thought I'd do a type up of my rig, which I had hoped I'd get in in time for the UROTM but it would seem someone has denied me of that right

So here it is, in all its glory!

Yep, Basically it consists of a Warwick Corvette Ash Standard 4 str (Active/passive Switchable), my newly attained Musicman Bongo 5'er and a Genz Benz halfstack (Which in itself contains the GBE1200 head, a Korg DTR-1000 Rackmount Tuner and a GBXB2 410(8OHMS) ). On top of that, theres also A DOD bass flanger, a Boss DD-3 Delay, an Ashdown Perfect 10 and my old starter bass which I ripped all the frets out of and custom-painted with a skull. Basically its the most metal looking fretless ever

So without further delay, onto the rig -

Warwick Corvette Standard Ash

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn260/Ryknowodadjian/100_3019.jpg
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn260/Ryknowodadjian/100_3020.jpg

This was my first step up from my starter gear, and only encouraged me more, basically love it to death, and it can be seen. Dings and scratches galore, it still performs like it did when I bought it. Better actually, perhaps the wood naturally maturing is doing something to the sound, because it seems to hint a different character every new day. Basically my go-to bass, simply because it does everything, and does it with sincerity. Not to mention it has a lovely flamed pattern on the treble side of the body. Would only ever think of replacing with perhaps a Warwick Thumb NT, but even then I'd probably still come back and play it at every chance

Musicman Bongo 5 String (HH/P)

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn260/Ryknowodadjian/100_3013.jpg
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn260/Ryknowodadjian/100_3015.jpg

My newest acquisition, and a good one at that. I was surfing eBay, basically tossing up whether to throw my money at a Thumb NT or a Bongo, in the end I went for the Bongo, as I had been GASsing for that humbucker tone for a wee while now. I tried and tried to find a 6 stringer in my price range, but to no avail. No complaints though, as this performs as well as I could hope it to. Definitely a room filler, intrusive as hell, and the guitarist can't do a thing about it The model, which I found out after purchase, was actually a HH/P, which was a nice surprise and definitely a perk. On arrival, more surprise, as the black finish (which I originally would have voted against) is simply the best finish I could have hope for. It has a sparkle through it, which I tried (and failed) to capture in photo. This is what I play in my band as of late, as I'm enjoying incorporating my new set of low notes into the songs All up I got it for $2000NZD shipped to my door, in near mint condition, which isn't bad considering to buy one at the shop would be running me upwards of $4,500 starting. Super happy with this one, as it offers me a break from the bite of a corvette, instead slapping me silly with the punch only the humbucker can offer.
The prog kid from way down under of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

GENERATION 7: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Last edited by Nikki197666 at Jun 23, 2008,
Genz Benz Amp Rig

Ok, so originally I was set on a Gallien Krueger, but here in New Zealand, a Gallien Krueger is a quick way to burn a hole in the pocket. So I searched around, asking local folk what they recommended, and basically I ended up in conversation with my jazz combo director (who's a long time advocate of the nether-frequency regions) and he said his friend had just bought a Genz Benz combo, and he was raving on about how the low end just rumbled from it in waves, in ways his 800rb (pushing 25 years old) couldn't even dream of. So, I took a chance, and asked the local store to get in the Genz Benz GBE1200 + 410 setup for a trial. Basically, people have been scrambling to get a hold of them since they came into the country, and had I not bought it, there was a guy further down the country in hot line to take it. So I plugged the 'wick into it, and fell in love. It wasn't quite the GK tone, but I loved it all the same, and the diversity of two preamps (1 SS and 1 Tube) really got me sold. So later that week, I rolled it out of the store, a proud owner of Genz Benz. Basically it can achieve more or less any tone I ask from it, with a bit of coaxing of course Whether thumping low end (Reggae style) or biting mid-range is on order (Cue the funk) it delivers. With the Corvette I find myself sitting in tube land allot, with it downtuned to bust out all the goodness that is Mudvayne, as I just feel the tubes compliment the woody complexion of Warwick, but bring in the Bongo, and we are in thumping solid state land baby, with lots of punchy tastiness. I truly found the meaning of the Whole "a bad bass will sound ok through a good amp, but never the other way round" saying after this setup was rolled in. God I had never thought that the Warwick could achieve the level of snappiness and fizzy snarl that it does through the Genz Benz. All in all, a very pleasing amp, and leaves very little GAS in my body

To close this all up, I'll put in a shameless plug for my band, comments and critiques requested - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiK37rE2b50

Sound clips of the setup on my profile! Check them out!

I may get around to adding a section on the fretless later in the week, but for now, enjoy!

Your humble basser from New Zealand,
Milan

GENERATION 7: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Lovely rig, and congrats on the new Bongo! I love your Corvette though, especially the finish.
signature
Mmmm, I feel much the same way, my Corvette will always be my most loved and respected child

I also have to say that bass riff in the song you linked is damn catchy! I keep humming it now

Also your rig makes me envious of you
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

Soon a Fender Deluxe Jazz V & an LTD 206
Very nice stuff, congrats!
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
If you (or anybody) want to do a UROTM then ask in the rules thread. Looks like August is free.

That's some great gear you've got there! Thanks for sharing.
Nice rig, i really should consider getting a cab and head at some point....that won't be any time soon though...i guess thats what happens when you go buy a new bass eh?
Quote by Nikki197666
Mmmm, I feel much the same way, my Corvette will always be my most loved and respected child

That's how I feel about my Corvette too. Unless I were to get a NT Thub with the same number of strings, I doubt I would ever stop playing it. They are just such great basses, expecially when you factor in the price.

Fantasic rig. I heard a few recordings of Genz Benz amps, and they sound absolutely incredible. Good buy.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
The Genz Benz setup cost me $3500 (roughly $2600USD). Thats not factoring in the tuner, but otherwise yeah

It may sound a little steep, but with the current rate of markup that our local store puts on music gear, I practically stole it from them

Ive never played through a Genz Benz but I hear that they are nice. Nice rig, I bet that bongo sounds amazing.
nice!
I likes a lot!
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
i tired that genz benz amp when i was picking up my eden wt500 and 410 xlt and jesus christ it sounded good for the money. But $3500??? man i thought the markups in Australia were rough, but you guys have it way worse then us
Quote by Drmckool
without having read this thread and just seeing the title since i've been not on the forum for a month i'm just going to say

"why can't we be friends"
It sounds a little steep yes, but when you factor in the costs of shipping such items out here. But yes, we do have it worse than Australia. I still consider this a good buy, as the whole setup ran me a couple of hundred NZD more than a single Ampeg SVT4Pro.

Last edited by Nikki197666 at Jun 24, 2008,
I've played through several Genz Benz's as backlines a half dozen times, and they really are solid. A wee bit 'round' for my taste, but I can't deny their quality.

However, I'm shocked at how your Corvette appears to be half ash, half flamed maple...
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Mmmm, strangest thing is, the flame didn't start appearing till about 5 months after I bought the bass. Even before then, I always found it weird that the top half was always covered in scratches while the bottom half remained squeaky clean.

looks like you have a lot of money
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Looks more like I owe allot of money

No, I work for all this, and have no life to compensate. So yeah