So, a while ago i ordered an ibanez RGR321 EXBK from thomann, when i recieved it i noticed that the bridge pickup was not working and you could her string buzzing through the amp, after contacting thomann, we decided that i would send back the guitar and would get a new one. Today, after a little more than a week, i recieved the guitar, but the thing is, i noticed that the guitar has INF1 and INF2 pickups instead of Designed by EMG pickups that its suppose to have, it also have a 5 way pickup switch instead of a 3 way pickupswitch.
I called thomann and they said that it can be some sort of a new model of the guitar but they were going to check it and send an email

Heres the guitar: http://www.thomann.de/se/ibanez_rgr321exbk.htm
as you can see it has Designed by EMG pickups

But are the INF1 and INF2 pickups better than the designed by EMG ones? maybe it is a new model of the guitar or something.
But a 5 way pickupswitch is better than 3 way, and if the INF1 and INF2 pickups are better i dont have to worry?
I think the INF pickups might be better. Passive EMG's usually suck and INF pickups aren't as bad as people make them out to be
Last edited by Horlicks at Jun 23, 2008,
i'd have to say the designed by emg pickups are probably better... in house pickups generally suck, but then again, the emg designed ones won't be much better, unless they're actual EMGs...

that does sound like bad luck, though, sucks man
you realise EMG designed pickups is just a marketing scheme? It's like Duncan designed, they aren't actually SD's they are just modeled on them, same with EMG designed i think, although that might be breach of copyright.
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Ya i know that they are just "designed" but are there any sound difference between the INF1, INF1 and EMG designed?