im pretty new to all this , i have a little crate amp i got from a buddy for 40$ just so i could have something to start with , anyway im looking to upgrade , ive looked through alot of amps but i have a couple questions ..

i love the sound of tube but i dunno whether its worth all the extra$$ and im wondering if combo amps are only in SS amps or both? and is it worth getting a combo amp or just buying pedals for all the extra effects
A combo simply means that the head(wiring) and cab(speaker) are all 'combined' into one amp.

If you like the sound of tube amps then you should go that route. There are very affordable tube amps to be had these days and there are plenty of threads about them on these pages.
what type of music do you play? what's your budget?

there are combo SS and tube,
some SS come with effects.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
i would definably go with tube it is worth all the extra money you put into it
just buy that and then get some pedals. combo amps are great and all but if you like the tube sound buy a tube amp but you will need to buy both a head and a cab which can get a little expensive but is definably worth it
Quote by imnewb
ok i was thinking combo just meant it came with built in effects :S

do you have a budget? a style of music?

do you play in a band?

how could people tell you what's best for you, if they have no idea what you're using it for.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
alright and also , i hear OD is worthless on SS amps alot , why is that and also do both distortion and OD work well with tube amps?