I was just looking over a tab for a certain song, and one of the chords listed in the song was C#/Dbm. Now, I'm familiar with certain hybrid chords like that, but it seems to me that this chord could not possibly exist. If anyone can offer any insight into this matter, it would probably keep my head from exploding. Thanks in advance.
C#/Db minor is the same as saying C# minor or Db minor there is no difference. The chord is made up of C# - E - G# (tonic - flated 3rd - 5th), this is not a hybrid chord...
Quote by shredder.cheese
C#/Db minor is the same as saying C# minor or Db minor there is no difference. The chord is made up of C# - E - G# (tonic - flated 3rd - 5th), this is not a hybrid chord...

yeah, that's what I thought. That's why I didn't understand the point of tabbing it as such. Thanks
No problem. Wait till you come across some music that has a double sharp (C##) or double flat (Ebb), then you will be really confused..lol

But just to give ya some info early, the double flat and double sharp notation is to allow a musician to understand the role of that specific (##) or (bb) and it's place within the music, especially during a key change. An "A natural" and a G## are the same note but if there is a modulation in the music the way the notes work with specific keys and chords differ, as in what place it takes with in a chord.