I was just wondering, what's a good electric for blues? I have a gibby SG special now, but I'm thinking thats gear towards harder stuff. I play a classic rock/blues style.

Thanks!
Personally, I love my SG with a bit of crunch for blues. Is there a price range you wanted to stay in?
Derek Trucks plays on an SG all the time through a 65 Blackface Super Reverb, THAT'S tone.
Try some Fender amp with a TS-9 or TS-808, should do the trick.
I used a Keeley modded BD-2 with my SG and boosted it with a TS-9 through a Fender amp, and it sounds amazing, great blues tone, but yeah, you can use it for hard rock. It's all about knowing your gear and knowing how to set the knobs.

What amp do you play through? are yo using any pedals?
Quote by austinb0309
I was just wondering, what's a good electric for blues? I have a gibby SG special now, but I'm thinking thats gear towards harder stuff. I play a classic rock/blues style.

Thanks!

the SG is a pretty good guitar for thos styles already, what amp do you have?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
My price range is about 300-700 bucks, and I guess I should be lookin at a new amp based what you guys are saying. Any suggestions in that price range?
A telecaster can crank out some pretty sweet blues, but a good tube or modelling amp will determine your tone more.
02 MiM Telecaster-----\__Digitech Whammy__TS-10__535q__DE-7__6505+ 112
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
Dude ANY guitar can play the blues. If you want to look at some amps, check out a Fender Blues Deluxe, Peavey Delta Blues, any tube Fender blackfaces
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
Dude ANY guitar can play the blues. If you want to look at some amps, check out a Fender Blues Deluxe, Peavey Delta Blues, any tube Fender blackfaces

I doubt a BC Rich Warlock can do it very easily!

Anyways, I would get a Fender amp, and get a good OD running through it.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle

This. Also look at the Epiphone Blues Custom.
You can't go wrong with a good tube amp. Try some out and see what kind of tone you like.
Quote by austinb0309

Thanks!

i think that guitaris fine for blues. you can play blues on any guitar really. but if you want a typical blues sound, you could get something like a semi hollow body or a strat, tele, or even a les paul. but i think the SG is just fine.
Quote by Lil Macker
I doubt a BC Rich Warlock can do it very easily!

Anyways, I would get a Fender amp, and get a good OD running through it.

no, a BC rich can't play blues. a guitarist with a warlock on the other hand...