which is better and why? are there better multi-effects-pedals for around 200 bucks?
RP350 has a rhythm machine, which is great for practice. RP350 also has USB recording. And the RP350 is using the newer AudioDNA2 chip, which is 4x more powerful than the previous version used in the RP300A.
I've not played thru the FloorPods or any of Line6 products but I hear they are pretty good.

I'm pretty happy with my Digitech and I don't really see the reason to get a RP350. The RP250 is $150 new which is pretty cheap for what you get.

I also hear good things about the higher end Boss and TC Electonics but they may be pricier. PM me if you want more info on the Digitech.
Quote by fly135
RP350 has a rhythm machine, which is great for practice. RP350 also has USB recording. And the RP350 is using the newer AudioDNA2 chip, which is 4x more powerful than the previous version used in the RP300A.

the 250 can do all of that and has the same chip

as far as I know the 350 just has a bunch of extra presets and an A/B switch that could be useful but you can accomplish the same thing by moving presets in order you want them on 250.
thanks a lot for your input so far. i am just wondering which has the more realistic sounds

i have a digitech rp50 right now. do the effects in the rp350 sound the same?
Last edited by roter$baron at Jun 23, 2008,
The RP50 is the older AudioDNA chip. The difference between the RP250 and RP350 is more than the number of presets. The RP350 has more FX, plus the A/B amp footswitch.
good point fly135 and not knocking your 350 if you have one. true, it may have more effects but the total number of FX as it is can be overwhelming even on the 150 or 250. Plus you can always download new stuff on either of these. Do you find the A/B switch for amp helpful?

maybe it is worth the extra $50 bucks. idk.
I have the GNX3 with 2 older AudioDNA chips. It has the ability to switch between two amps and I find it useful. The best thing I like about it is the 8 track recorder. That combined with the drum machine make a great practice tool.

I wouldn't mind having either the RP350 or the RP250. The $50 difference for the extra features is a personal choice. Not that much more money, but maybe not that much difference either.
i wouldn't go for the Floorpod, it's not worth the money. either the RP350 or RP250 would be a better choice for your money. they come with more models and effects with other great practice and recording tools that the FloorPod does not offer.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
Quote by ugmung
i wouldn't go for the Floorpod, it's not worth the money. either the RP350 or RP250 would be a better choice for your money. they come with more models and effects with other great practice and recording tools that the FloorPod does not offer.

but i always thought the line 6 models and effects are better than the digitech...is thar right?
i would youtube these two products and see if you can determine on your own. i have no idea which is 'better'

a 24 bit codec is a pretty quick rate so maybe compare that against the Line 6 and whether or not the Line 6 has USB, mixer/line out, headphones, editing software, and flexibility with changing parameters - all which i consider important as well.
I have an RP350, used to have an RP250, and have played a Floorpod in a music store side by side with a Digitech RP350. The Floorpod sounds good, but it doesn't sound any better than the newer Digitech RP units that have the AudioDNA2 procs. The Floorpod is made of plastic, has a smaller LED, and does not have as many modeled amps/stompboxes and features as the RP250 & 350. It is nicely styled though and says "Line 6" on it so it's expensive. The RP350 costs the same and does *a lot* more, and the RP250 cost $50 less and still does more than the FloorPOD. Also both the RP250 and 350 are made of metal, FloorPOD is plastic.

Digitech does not have as good a rep as Line 6, but Digitech has been making some nice gear recently. I think it's funny how everybody seem to love Line 6's overpriced multi FX units, but hates their modeling amps that contain the exact same tones The reason I upgraded from 250 to 350 is I bought my RP350 on clearance for $90 at a music store, and sold my RP250 a couple days later for $100 On the 250 vs 350 here are extra features I can think of that the 350 has over the 250:

Amp A/B footswitch & ability to select a 2nd amp model for each patch in X-Edit
More EQ settings in X-Edit software
10 more tone presets
20 more drum machine patterns
Stereo XLR outputs
More stompbox, amp, and cabinet models
Ability in X-Edit software to re-arrange modulation effects before or after pre-amp/distortion/overdrive

The 350 is nice, and it's worth the extra $50 if you use the extra features. I wish it had an effects loop, a few assignable preset stomp buttons, an XLR mic input, and there are a few stompboxes I wish it modeled. But these are features found on more expensive units. With the amp A/B switch, patch up-down switches, and my amp's 2nd channel there isn't much that is lacking for playing on stage. I use direct amp & cab settings on mine, and use my amps pre-amp and/or stompboxes for overdrive or distortion so as not to stack preamps. Also I'm getting ready to add a compressor stompbox in front of the amp because it doesn't sound just right after the pre-amp modeled in the RP350. Otherwise it's running through the effects loop of the amp. btw at least in my area these things are on Craigslist all the time if you want to save a bunch of $$$ and buy used.
thanks a lot hunter33 (and to all the others who posted so far)! i really appreciate your thourough advice. i think i am gonna go with the rp350 now. one last question: how fast can you switch from one preset to the other? my old rp50 takes ages to do so, which kinda anoys me, because you need to change sounds quickly playing certain songs.

does someone have any experiences with the Toneworks/Korg AX 3000 G? looks kinda nice, too...
Last edited by roter$baron at Jun 25, 2008,
Quote by roter$baron
one last question: how fast can you switch from one preset to the other? my old rp50 takes ages to do so, which kinda anoys me, because you need to change sounds quickly playing certain songs.

does someone have any experiences with the Toneworks/Korg AX 3000 G? looks kinda nice, too...

It switches pretty much instantly with the newer RPs that have the AudioDNA2 proc. I play on stage with mine once a week and sometimes switch patches in the middle of songs. I haven't personally tried out the Korgs but have heard good things about them.
IMO i think digitech pedals arent anythin special.
i tihnk line6 would be better than the digitech. but i highly reccommend for you to try a Boss. i havent tried the ME series but i have heard good things about them. look into Boss ME-20
Epiphone Les Paul Classic
Marshall MG100DFX *SOLD* REPLACED WITH PEAVEY CLASSIC 30
Boss GT-8
Breedlove AD/25 SR Plus

I'm TOOcool for sigs
Quote by minixmin
IMO i think digitech pedals arent anythin special.
i tihnk line6 would be better than the digitech. but i highly reccommend for you to try a Boss. i havent tried the ME series but i have heard good things about them. look into Boss ME-20

see, i always heard boss pedals are kind of crappy, but whatever. i guess i have to try them out.
Quote by roter$baron
but i always thought the line 6 models and effects are better than the digitech...is thar right?

I can only comment on my RP 300a compared to my POD XTL. The RP is a toy by comparison. The XTL outclasses it in every catagory, but it did cost twice as much, but I would have saved $150 if i'd just got the POD in the first place.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD