well, i've read through alot of the busking threads, but i still have a few questions.
i want to do it acoustic but i dont have that many songs chosen yet.
it'll be just me and my guitar, no singing.
so far the songs i haveplanned are
hey there delilha, Under the bridge, imagine (arranged for guitar and shortened), wonderwall, rockstar and if everyone cared.

im not to sure how these songs will work, and were and when is the best place/time to busk?
any song recommondations?

thanks.
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
Quote by aaciseric
no singing and doing songs with just chords in? Good luck.

im triying to get my friend to come and sing but so far...
would some electric work better then?
do some real rock?
Quote by Eliyahu

Quote by TheReverend724

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
If you have a stereo, you could make a CD of backing tracks and play the melody of the song on electric guitar. As long as you have a batter operated amp of course.
Quote by Aramis
As long as you have a batter operated amp of course.

I know you meant battery but still lol. And yes some more advanced guitar stuff would work better.
Quote by aaciseric
I know you meant battery but still lol. And yes some more advanced guitar stuff would work better.

sweet i got a battery powerd amp for christmas last year..
Quote by Eliyahu

Quote by TheReverend724

Quote by thanksgiving

Viscara (my band)
Quote by one vision
Do mellow stuff. Not everyone likes rock/metal, but most people can appreciate some mellow acoustic with a chillin clean solo.

won' it be kinda lame w/o a singer though?
Quote by Eliyahu

Quote by TheReverend724

Quote by thanksgiving

Viscara (my band)
Well, it's all how the audience percieves it. Personally, I'd rather listen to some nice improv than singing. I saw these 2 guys, a bassist and a guitarist, they were jamming and switching back and forth between soloing, and it was pretty sweet. They had an audience of about 10 people too. I have them a dollar.
Quote by one vision
Well, it's all how the audience percieves it. Personally, I'd rather listen to some nice improv than singing. I saw these 2 guys, a bassist and a guitarist, they were jamming and switching back and forth between soloing, and it was pretty sweet. They had an audience of about 10 people too. I have them a dollar.

lol cool
i could always do some jazz over a 2-5-1
and loop it, but i dont have a looper.
would a zoom board loop?
i lost the manual and 4 got how.
Quote by Eliyahu

Quote by TheReverend724

Quote by thanksgiving

Viscara (my band)
If i saw you sitting there playing hey there delilah even with singing i wouldnt give you any money, but lots of girls/moms probably would. I would still bring your electric unless you can do something better than those selections on acoustic.

If you get a looper you could do all sorts of stuff. Check out "Bridge of Sighs" by robin trower. Its simple yet it sounds awsome. Its all easy chords and the soloing is repeating pent patterns if you playing this slowly and well with the right effects i bet most people would love it wether they recognize it or not.

The looper would be the way to go though you could play all sorts of progressions then loop them and play solos over them. I want to get one myself i hate playing songs alone then when i solo i have nothing behind me to keep time and fill out the song.

I was looking at the jamman and the boss looper but the jamman seems better its got like some rediculous amount of recording time.
Quote by /-\liceNChains
If i saw you sitting there playing hey there delilah even with singing i wouldnt give you any money, but lots of girls/moms probably would. I would still bring your electric unless you can do something better than those selections on acoustic.

If you get a looper you could do all sorts of stuff. Check out "Bridge of Sighs" by robin trower. Its simple yet it sounds awsome. Its all easy chords and the soloing is repeating pent patterns if you playing this slowly and well with the right effects i bet most people would love it wether they recognize it or not.

The looper would be the way to go though you could play all sorts of progressions then loop them and play solos over them. I want to get one myself i hate playing songs alone then when i solo i have nothing behind me to keep time and fill out the song.

I was looking at the jamman and the boss looper but the jamman seems better its got like some rediculous amount of recording time.

I acn't really afford a looper right now though.
and i agree with you if i saw a punk sittin there playing hey there delilah i would break that guitar over his neck too, but the girls like it so hey...
can you recommend some electric then?
i was thinking about doin some more poular songs but arranged... better for just a guitarist, like under the bridge(still)
possibly some acdc(easy but popular)
Quote by Eliyahu

Quote by TheReverend724

Quote by thanksgiving

Viscara (my band)
Yea im in the same boat as you man i can't afford a looper either i want one badly. I cant put on a dcent one man show i need one of my buddies to play with me. ACDC would be fine but what are you gonna do when you solo its not quite the same without backing.

I play metalish stuff solo like randy rhoads because the guitar fills the whole song out unlike a lot of other stuff that needs more than 1 but that isnt really good for busking lol. I think your best bet since the looper is out of the question for now would be to find either a bassist rythem guitar or singer or something. That would open up a lot of possibilities.

Do you have anyone to jam with? Id go out there with you but i live in new england canada is a little to far lol.
getting a looper would be good. just save up some money and get the boss loop station. the little pedal version. its good enough to loop a progression and you can play over that. it has some drum beats too. and it has 11 tracks to save on so you can work out some songs ahead of time with bass parts as well and just play over them.
The boss I was looking at the 300$ one is about the same price as the jamman and has less recording and less tracks time i would research/test before buying. I wouldnt buy a 100+ dollers one that has 8minutes11/tracks when 300 gets you hours and 99 tracks but everyone needs to buy according to their own needs and budget so thats just me of course.

But yea a damn looper would be awsome definatly on my want list.
@the 2 above me would the smaller loop station be worth the money?
Quote by Eliyahu

Quote by TheReverend724

Quote by thanksgiving

Viscara (my band)
Depending on the location, you might need a busking license. FYI.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
I personally wouldn't play only chords and basic stuff if you have no singer. You mentioned you're trying to get a friend to sing with you, why don't you try sing yourself?
You are like a hurricane
There's calm in your eye.
And I'm gettin' blown away
To somewhere safer
where the feeling stays.
I want to love you but
I'm getting blown away.
Quote by estranged_g_n_r
I personally wouldn't play only chords and basic stuff if you have no singer. You mentioned you're trying to get a friend to sing with you, why don't you try sing yourself?

im pretty bad.(at singing)
Quote by Eliyahu

Quote by TheReverend724

Quote by thanksgiving

Viscara (my band)
Last edited by Mr.Cuddles at Jun 24, 2008,
Quote by Mr.Cuddles
well, i've read through alot of the busking threads, but i still have a few questions.
i want to do it acoustic but i dont have that many songs chosen yet.
it'll be just me and my guitar, no singing.
so far the songs i haveplanned are
hey there delilha, Under the bridge, imagine (arranged for guitar and shortened), wonderwall, rockstar and if everyone cared.

im not to sure how these songs will work, and were and when is the best place/time to busk?
any song recommondations?

thanks.

Hi mate, I have been a regular busker for a lot of years and play all the songs you have mentioned and the way i do it is try to read my audience e.g. if I see an older couple middle classy type people I might play some beatles tune rather than shredding or playing high way to hell...whereas i might see someone (young dude) wearing a band shirt of their idol and start playing a song which might encourage them to give me some money. I started on acousitc and made my way to electric and although i love acoustic stuff it just doesnt have the flexibility of a electric guitar...on my electric I can go from metal to rock to blues to jazz so easily and for my style of playing I need that flexibility so I can accomodate most peoples requests (which equates to potential money in the case)...also keep in moind my crowds are party people late on fri/sat nights...also i use a looper and didnt start out with one but check my profile out and see my busking rig. Also rake your case frequently (leave a few coins in there at all times and put the rest away) and look not to well off and you will get haters but dont worry about em and look at your busking session a a practice session and hold your head up and dig your heels in and have pride in your performance because the aura you let off will be detectable by passerbys (e.g.if your desperate for money people will sence this or shy it will be detectable), just play yourself into the zone and when you hit the zone its a great feeling and money will flow.... You are a muso and yes your on the street but your still a person and you have a skill that many people would love to have. Also mate you could assess what type of act you have and from what you have said maybe consider doing the weekend markets (ring markets manager or see which ones are on in your local area) and take a little amp with you as you would be surprised with background noise and theres no pleasure in bashing your acoustic to get heard (i did this and it gets quite painful thats why i like my electric nowadays but still love acoustic tones/guitars)! Also train stations or mall areas at lunch or evening times where lots of peop[le pass by is good for busking. If you see a busker in aparticular spot you know thats where good money is but keep in mind many buskers do get territorial and maybe get to know a little and tell em you want to do something and negotiate the spot or rotate around different spots...just some suggests...

all the best mate and put some money aside from your busking ventures to maybe upgrade your rig to a beast like I have...I consider my rig to be the bees knees of busking rigs...check it out!

cheers
shaggs
Last edited by shaggz at Jul 30, 2008,