So I have a Gibson Melody Maker form 1963. Problem is, its kind of messed up. The body neck and bridge are all fine and together. The grounding is intact but the rest of the electronics have been taken out because it broke. I also have the original pickup. So I need a 500k pot, a 250k a jack and a cap. But my biggest problem is, there was a thin piece of foam underneath the pickup originally, I guess t keep it at the right hight. Problem is, I lost it The cavity is 1/2 inch deep if that helps. I need to know how I can keep the pickup at the right hight and is there a part I can buy. Thanks.
id would contact gibson
YOU SEE US COMIN WALK TOGETHER RUN FOR COVER WERE TAKIN OVER THIS FUCKIN TOWN-PANTERA COWBOYS FROM HELL (OFFICAL LIVE 101)
I think the foam is used as a spring to provide up-pressure against the mounting screws. You'd need a fairly dense foam for this but one that still compresses. If you can't find foam like this you might also try to find some short, light gauge springs with a large enough diameter that they'd stand up on their ends.
Moving on.....