I've been searching for a nice way to record (cheaply *cough*) and a nice way to get some ideas down. Because right now, I've gotten 2 and half albums done with just a guitar, a composition notebook, and a handheld casette recorder. Yes, yes yes.... So i was hoping there was an easier way to get music down, plus get it recorded.

I happened to stumble upon some Line 6 stuff. First I see the Toneport UX2, which says you can record vocals, bass and guitar. If you can record vocals, you can probably record drums with it i'm guessing (with a nice comp mic that is).

I also then happened to see a Line 6 GearBox. Its cheaper (which is kinda weird because it says the list price is 700 bucks, while the Toneport's list is 269 lol).

It also says, "ideal for every guitarist, bassist, and vocalist." So i'm guessing you can record those as well.

So i need help deciding on which one to get. Personally, i've searched a lot about Toneport, and heard a lot of comments ranging from "OMFG THIS IS DAMN AMAZING I GOTTA GET THIS..." to "Meh... its okay."

So if any of you have any information about the things, it will be well appreciated. Thanks.
I HAVE A BAND NAMED FALLING CONFESSIONS
AND I PLAY LEAD GUITAR
AND I P0WN!!!

"When there's a freakin' will, there is always a freakin' way!"
Toneport is the Hardware, and Gearbox is the Software, if you buy the UX2 gearbox comes along with it. I myself have the UX2 and it works good for recording guitar, i have yet to try it on vocals but plan to soon.
Gear:
  • Orange TH30
  • Framus Cobra 4x12
  • Gibson Les Paul Studio
  • Gibson Explorer
  • Taylor 214CE-G
Yeah thats right. Gearbox is the software that comes with Toneport when you buy it. It is good for recording and getting your ideas down. Personally, I use a microphone through it and put that next to my amp, that way you get a better tone, well that what i find anyway.
for the ux2 can u use both guitar ports at once so u can recored maybe a jam session with a mate

/thead jack

yh as ppl have said gearbox comes with toneport
The Merchant Of the Resident Evil Club
]

Quote by hminh87
What is that big hole at the neck joint for?

Quote by Hoodoo Child
the neck?
toneport is the actual interface. gearbox is software that comes with the toneport that has models of amps/pedals/mics/etc.

edit: by the way, if you go to my purevolume site there are some recordings i did. all im using is a mic and a free recording program called audacity. i think it sounds pretty decent.

purevolume.com/westlentz
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Can you use Audacity and Toneport together? Because I hear the recording software that comes with it is rather "technical."

EDIT: What mic did you use?
EDIT2: Howd you put the drums on?
I HAVE A BAND NAMED FALLING CONFESSIONS
AND I PLAY LEAD GUITAR
AND I P0WN!!!

"When there's a freakin' will, there is always a freakin' way!"