so i figured i have enough ebony to build a guitar neck out of, but ive never seen one and started to wonder maybe theres a reason they dont, so has anyone got any ideas why i shouldnt use it ?
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
A solid ebony neck? I dont see why not, laminate it with some maple and that'll look sweeet!

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
its going to be ebony with a brazzilian mahogany stripe, and mahogany headstock.
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
Ebony And rosewood aren't used for necks because they're pretty heavy woods
and its expensive to find big pieces of it like that for necks or bodies.
Quote by masterk1818
Ya well when i wrestle/play with my dog he sometimes jumps on my back and starts humping me. But should he be doing this if he is neutered?

Quote by InvaderTSN
Wrestle with him naked. He'll ruv you rong time.

flickr
Quote by SeveralSpecies

....no homo?
yeah weight, i can imaging being a problem, but the piece i have does feel all that heavy really, its lighter than the body blank, plus using mahogany for the headstock might lighten it up abit.
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
ive managed to find a few sources and whatnot on this, and many of them say that ebony is prone to warping during changes in climate. i mean i dont want to make the neck for the hell of it becuase its an awful lot of nice ebony, i will make it if its possible, other than that i think ill go with just using it as a skunk stripe.
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
I demand pics of this ebony, then I wanna know where you got it, then im gettin me some! lol. You think I might be able to get some big enough for a top on a hollow body les paul?
Quote by jscustomguitars
I demand pics of this ebony, then I wanna know where you got it, then im gettin me some! lol. You think I might be able to get some big enough for a top on a hollow body les paul?

i got it from ebay usa its 24" X 2" X 1"

also, im REALLY interested in the neck blanks you have for sale, check your pms
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
pm'd you back haha.
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
^ i have 2 nice lengths of madagascar ebony that i'm going to use for fretboards and possibly a neck. I also have a piece of bocote that would make a sweet neck
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology