Is it just me,or does anyone else notice that our patron saint doesn't have his own signiture when Herman Li does?!

If so,I wonder what kinda of specs it would have....Maybe just a recreation of his Strat?
meh
Quote by get ta led out!
Is it just me,or does anyone else notice that our patron saint doesn't have his own signiture when Herman Li does?!

If so,I wonder what kinda of specs it would have....Maybe just a recreation of his Strat?

My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
My friend told me his dad had a jimi hendrix signature guitar about a week ago.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Acoustic-Electric CD140SCE
He doesn't have one due to the licencing problems that surround Hendrix branded stuff. If you want a Hendrix signiture guitar, just get a strat.

There have been some hendrix tribute strats but not anymore, the closest is the reverse headstock strat.
Fender Classic Player 60s Strat
Washburn HB35
PRS Santana SE
Yamaha Pacifica 112MX
Vox AD30VT
Fender Champion 600
Dunlop wah
Danelectro Cool Cat fuzz
Quote by one vision
He has a Flying V sig from gibson.

I don't know if that counts, I guess it's more of a commemorative one rather than a signature.

YES!!!!!, that's it.

Let me tell you. Gibson recreated this Flying V from the original Jimi's one, which he customized painting almost all the things you can see and that guitar body.
It was just a stock Strat with a couple of fuzz pedals and a wah, so you wouldn't need one really.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by guitarnoobie
The real question is, would anybody be able to actually afford it?

a strat strung a different way?

It couldn't be much more than a standard strat or people would just make their own.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
a strat strung a different way?

It couldn't be much more than a standard strat or people would just make their own.

Yes but because it's a Hendrix signature you know they're gonna rape the price. Even though anybody could just take a left handed strat and flip the strings. And vice versa for left-handed players.
Not only that, there's little practical reason to have one anyway - they'd be of extrememely limited appeal from a playing point of view.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Not only that, there's little practical reason to have one anyway - they'd be of extrememely limited appeal from a playing point of view.

yup
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Fender had about twi signatures from him. They made a voodoo strat that had the specs from his guitars and they made a white one like the one from woodstock i think. Then there was a monterey copy from custom shop.
Get yourself a white MIA strat lefty and restring it to righty. That's jimi's strat for ya...
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

^ I'm sure there is nothing to it... All they would really need to do is remake a late sixties, early 70s left hand strat strung the other way or a right handed guitar with a left hand neck and left handed trem. Then you'll be rockin'
Last edited by striker327 at Jun 24, 2008,
What do you mean hasn't had a signature guitar? He's had eight of them. Four are directly acknowledged as Hendrix signatures.

http://www.modernguitars.com/archives/000039.html

That's the seven Hendrix Starts and then we have the Flying V too.

Do your research before posting, I found this directly just searching Google (had read the article before).
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Last edited by Gabel at Jun 24, 2008,
I know one thing.. They'll never make a LEFT HANDED version of Jimi's strat!!!
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
ESP KH-2
Gibson SG Standard
Marshall JVM210H
Marshall DSL50
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange 4x12 w/ Vintage 30s

Quote by druz15_UG
LPDave wins the internet!!!
Quote by Gabel
What do you mean hasn't had a signature guitar? He's had eight of them. Four are directly acknowledged as Hendrix signatures.

http://www.modernguitars.com/archives/000039.html

That's the seven Hendrix Starts and then we have the Flying V too.

Do your research before posting, I found this directly just searching Google (had read the article before).

I'm pretty sure the TS meant a permanent signature strat. We all know that there were limited runs of signature strats

PS: Oh, and thanx for posting that lol. Quite an interesting story with SRV and the 1980 prototype
Last edited by striker327 at Jun 24, 2008,
^I can see what you mean there, but yeah, he has had sig guitars before...

Oh and
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

A friend of mine has a custom Strat, which is a left hand American Strat reversed and hand painted to match the one he burned during Wild Thing at Monterey. Even has the hand written poetry on the back [It's Hendrix lyrics since we don't really know what was on the back of Jimi's]

John Mayer also has one of these that is pretty much identical to the one I described above.

It's about as close to signature' as you can get.
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
Yeah, he's got the Psychedelic V.

I'm guessing he'd also have an Olympic White '57 Strat with his name on it, or something like that, as well.
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Quote by one vision
He has a Flying V sig from gibson.

I don't know if that counts, I guess it's more of a commemorative one rather than a signature.

it was based on his flying v that he piainted himself and customised a little bit
and the men of men at gibson have slaved away for hours on end researching that guitar to make this gibson "tribute" guitar as similar as possible to his,
so it is effectively a signature guitar.

Quote by LPDave
I know one thing.. They'll never make a LEFT HANDED version of Jimi's strat!!!

and if im right in thinking in this, but i believe epiphone didn't make a left handed version of the iommi g400 either until there was a general outcry from iommi and fans
Quote by sshaun007
Or you can just flip a right handed strat upside down, and restring it.

Or do the same with a leftie, y'know ...
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Jimi Hendrix is famous for his STRATOCASTER, so why the f*ck did Gibson take his paint job style. It should have been Fender, right?!
Quote by Stratopower
Jimi Hendrix is famous for his STRATOCASTER, so why the f*ck did Gibson take his paint job style. It should have been Fender, right?!

because he painted his flying V like that.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
I dont know why,but i searched google and yahoo and nothing came up on anything.Wow i didnt know they made one at all.
meh
Quote by Stratopower

He also played a Flying V with that paint job on occasion.

As for the OP there have been Hendrix sig guitars released (albeit in limited editions) by two of the biggest names in electric guitars, what more could you want?
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by blair30
Its because hes dead.

Dimebag is dead but he gets signature guitars.
RIP Dimebag
MyGear
Schecter Hellraiser (EMG 85/81 + 18v mod)
LTD SC-207 with EMG 707
Peavey 6505 Head
Some random Peavey 4x12 slant cab
Boss Chorus Ensemble + Boss DD-3 + Dunlop Crybaby Wah + Boss NS2
Quote by get ta led out!
I dont know why,but i searched google and yahoo and nothing came up on anything.Wow i didnt know they made one at all.

No problem then!

But before anybody speaks, READ THE LINK in my earlier post
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
He also played a Flying V with that paint job on occasion.

As for the OP there have been Hendrix sig guitars released (albeit in limited editions) by two of the biggest names in electric guitars, what more could you want?

On occasion? I read an interview with him, where he said that his V was his favorite guitar, and he never used it on stage after he got famous because he liked to smash guitars, and strats were easy to put back together and were cheaper. Before he became famous he used the V almost exclusively, and used his SG somewhat.

The rest of your post I completely agree with.

(Click for source)

¦ Epiphone Sheraton II ¦ GFS Mean 90s ¦ Ampeg J-20 ¦
¦ Fulltone OCD ¦ MXR 6-Band EQ ¦ Behringer Chorus ¦ Artec Analog Delay ¦ EHX Holy Grail ¦