So the other guitarist in my band is looking for a new amp. Hes got about 500 to spend rite now but can save up another hundred or so. Looking for a decent tube amp with a good OD for rythm guitar in an alternative/garage rock/ classic rock band. Kinda like the JCM 800 sounds. Then a nice fender style clean channel. Any suggestions
80's Fender Jazzmaster
1976 Gibson L6s
Epiphone sheraton
Late 60's Univox High Flyer Custom Deluxe
Vintage fendr twin
Fuzz Face
Zakk Wylde Wah
Quote by esp1234
Tell him to try out a peavey classic 30

+1 I own it great amp
Quote by Demonikk
+1 on everything phip said

Main Gear
PRS SE Custom
Jay Turser Strat
Classic 30
Effects
Beheringer Distortion pedal
Dunlop Cry Baby
DigiTech Bad Monkey
Probably gonna get blasted by people, but tell him to check out the Bugera 333XL.

Clean channel is sparkling, Crunch channel is like a Marshall with a bit more gain, and the Lead channel is somewhat similar to a recto.
Quote by esp1234
Tell him to try out a peavey classic 30

this
+2
oh and ts amazing gear you got there
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
The Bugera would do it, but I normally recommend it to people looking for hi-gainers. I would say either the Classic 30, or a Valveking for that. The Bugera might be a bit over the top for most of that, thoguh they are damn fine amps
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
The 6262 would be over the top, but the Crunch channel on the 333XL gives some nice raunchy Marshall sounds. You can get from SRV style blues guitar to ac/dc to hard rock on that one channel, especially with the fat boost.
I have yet to play the 333 or 333xl, so I can't personally vouch for tat. But it's based on the Peavey XXX and JSX, which have great crunch channels for that sound
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
It's hard to match up Fender Cleans with Marshall OD. The Classic 30 (as i'm sure you well know) has nice OD and suitable cleans, but i wouldn't call them Fender cleans. You could try a Traynor YCV50BLUE or YCV40WR. The 40 is going to lean more fender, while the 50 more marshall. You'll have to look used to afford them, though.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by acdclandon
this
+2
oh and ts amazing gear you got there

Thanks. When most of the stuff is bought of craigslist you can get some pretty good deals. But I will tell him to check out the Classic 30, I was actually looking at buying that myself a long time ago but i forgot about it.
80's Fender Jazzmaster
1976 Gibson L6s
Epiphone sheraton
Late 60's Univox High Flyer Custom Deluxe
Vintage fendr twin
Fuzz Face
Zakk Wylde Wah
Yeah, craigslist has some amazing finds. You can pretty regularly find Peavey Classic 30s for around $300 on mine.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by hendrix4934
Thanks. When most of the stuff is bought of craigslist you can get some pretty good deals. But I will tell him to check out the Classic 30, I was actually looking at buying that myself a long time ago but i forgot about it.

lol your welcome i'm hoping to get a new amp and than maybe we'll have semi comparable rigs?
..forgot about it?
how does that happen lol
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE