First of all i gotta say the Muff is probably the best distortion i have ever heard. Some time ago though i started getting problems with my Top Boost. It is extremely scratchy. It kinda reminded me of the problems i get sometimes when the 9v battery runs out on an active bass i got. I opened up the muff and found a battery, i removed it thinking that this would fiks the problem but it didn't. Please help!!
if you just got it, take it back to the store and try another one to see if yours is broken. if so, exchange it. if it sounds the same, maybe thats just the way it is and you need to adjust it
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Yeah, the Top Boost isn't really the bee's knees.

I don't really ever use my Top Boost for anything.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
i use the top boost to get dimebags tone
course dimebag's tone was basically a chainsaw...
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Top Boost is just for doing lead parts so you can cut through a really loud rhythm guitar. That's probably why it sounds like ass independently.
Quote by rebelmidget
I do believe you just used Blink 182 and hard rock in the same sentence. It would seem you're rather confused.
I have a quote in my signature! And it makes fun of blink-182! I'm cool now!

[Obligatory link to my band's MySpace]
kk, well i got it in america and i live in norway so returning it really isnt an option but i think im just not going to use the top boost, i might get an equalizer pedal like morello instead, so i can go to 11
Yeah, I think the Top Boost is pretty much useless.

Like someone said above, you could probably get dime's tone with it.

I've always said that it would be better if they replaced the Top Boost with a Volume Boost.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
the top boost always sounds like that when you play by yourself, it's meant for use in a band situation and for that it's actually excellent, don't say it sucks if you've only used it when playing by yourself.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
the top boost always sounds like that when you play by yourself, it's meant for use in a band situation and for that it's actually excellent, don't say it sucks if you've only used it when playing by yourself.

I've tried it several times in a band setting.

Every time I've tried, there's either too much Top Boost and it sounds shrill, or there's too little and almost no difference. I just don't like the Top Boost. The pedal sounds amazing and my rig would be lost without it, I'm just not a fan of the Top Boost.

Personally, I'd rather have a volume boost, that way I could keep my good tone and cut through the mix simultaneously.

But, people have opinions, and that's just mine. Everyone should try it for themselves.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
well that's different I wasn't just talking to you BTW, a lot of people I've talked to have never used in a situation that it was actually made for and just outright dismiss, I find that it works pretty well, although it's really tricky to set it right, and really needs a tube amp to get a decent sound.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I used the top boost at band practice for the first time last night and if you dial it in right it sounds really good. I used it in a little prelude to a fast melodic breakdown where I'm the only one in the band playing and it sounds awesome, and then I just hit the pot when the rest of the band kicks in and it sounds really awesome.
I know you weren't only talking me my Kid_Thorazine, I was just explaining my reason for disliking the Top Boost.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
ok well, lets forget about the tone for a minute.

if you cant return it, and removed the battery, did you put a fresh battery back in? or are you using it with an adapter now?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
well then try it with a fresh battery.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011