Well i was lookin around at guitar companys on google to see if i could find any new ones, and came across Kramer. ive heard of them before but like i really dont see or hear about to many people playing them anymore. were they jst big in the 80's or wat? can anyone shed sum light on these guitars, are they quality guitars? do they play/sound well?

-thanks
-BiOhAZarD722-
Originally Posted by Gizzard101
I personally prefer Dr.Dre but Lil Jon is gangsta home boy fresh aswell.
...lol wtf?
Quote by lzrdsixsix6
sounds like you have a severe case of the dumbass.....it's quite common in the pit really just sleep it off
They got bought out by Gibson and have now started manufacturing again under Gibson's company. Same Kramer name and all, but they are owned by Gibson (just like Jackson is owned by Fender). I don't know how the guitars are or if they have changed since being bought out.
Quote by bnull24
They got bought out by Gibson and have now started manufacturing again under Gibson's company. Same Kramer name and all, but they are owned by Gibson (just like Jackson is owned by Fender). I don't know how the guitars are or if they have changed since being bought out.

jacksons owned by fender?

wow, im not sure weather to be pleased or disappointed
Quote by rancidryan
jacksons owned by fender?

wow, im not sure weather to be pleased or disappointed

Yep, they also own Gretsch, Guild, and several other brands.
Quote by bnull24
Yep, they also own Gretsch, Guild, and several other brands.

You serious? wow, you learn something new every day...
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
the new kramers are pretty cheap....the trems on them suck monkey turds
Quote by Natrone
I'm a pretty hardcore Christian. I would like to sincerely apologize that you ran into that little fucktard

Quote by mystique facade
dale-banez made a fool of himself..lol

my gear:

oh wait, no one cares
The only thing that they have that's worth anything is the 1984 or 1985 Beretta Reissue.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
well kramer guitars are ok looking at one will make u feel as if ur getting a very good almost unreal deal for the price ur paying like e.g ul get a patent floyd rose bridge for under i guess 200-299$ bt afterwards wen u sit down and play u feel that something is missing and that is because the internal electronics used by them do not provide good sustain nd secondly i have heard some pretty annoying fret buzz from them. Its like Gibson does not want to bring its brand value down by producing mid ranged guitars so kramer is their scapegoat
hope this helps.
I suggest go for Gibson, Ibanez, Fender purchase an entry level guitar and ul be happier.
Well that was my opinion ur free as a bird :P:
Go vintage. I couldnt be happier with my vintage baretta.
Quote by bakk
Hi,
I have been pickin' up some Arabic radio signal things. Every time I turn up my Amp, this crazy Imam starts messing up my chords.

Proud owner of a 1987 Kramer Baretta I w/ spider Guitart.
^ +1 to going old school. 80's Kramers aren't hard to find on eBay usually and they're frequently pretty cheap for what you get.
^

I also agree, I'm getting an 80s Kramer with an original floyd rose for just $200, They are amazing quality for the price. The newer guitars arrent so great except for the Baretta reissue. You can get a cheap 100 series or Aerostar Kramer for pretty cheap and it will have probably double if not more quality than the new kramers.
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
There are exceptions to the whole "Korean Kramers Suck" deal. I have a 2001 Baretta Pro 2 that I payed 250 bucks for used. It is a Neck-thru with a Seymour Duncan Jazz/JB set and an original floyd rose. They were about 600 bucks new. If you find one of these (good luck), I HEAVILY suggest you but it, just ask my modded american strat how much it gets played in comparison to my korean "cheapie". lol

I have no experience with these, but it seems to be the exact same guitar with Kramer pickups and a licensed Floyd, it's the closest I've found for sell....http://cgi.ebay.com/Kramer-Baretta-Neck-Thru-Loaded-w-HSC-No-reserve_W0QQitemZ300235632829QQihZ020QQcategoryZ41438QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Quote by Burpin'Worm
1fine69's car is bloody gorgeous.
Quote by 1fine69
There are exceptions to the whole "Korean Kramers Suck" deal. I have a 2001 Baretta Pro 2 that I payed 250 bucks for used. It is a Neck-thru with a Seymour Duncan Jazz/JB set and an original floyd rose. They were about 600 bucks new. If you find one of these (good luck), I HEAVILY suggest you but it, just ask my modded american strat how much it gets played in comparison to my korean "cheapie". lol

I have no experience with these, but it seems to be the exact same guitar with Kramer pickups and a licensed Floyd, it's the closest I've found for sell....http://cgi.ebay.com/Kramer-Baretta-Neck-Thru-Loaded-w-HSC-No-reserve_W0QQitemZ300235632829QQihZ020QQcategoryZ41438QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Korean Kramer's do not suck...

Where else are you gonna get a kickazz set-neck semi-hollow with a floyd for under $250?!?!

This 'NightRider' was intended, IMO, to be the big comeback for Kramer. It plays wonderfully & the floyd is rock-solid. Plus, it has korean-made versions of Gibson 490 & 498 pickups. The only problem that I had with mine is that the neck pickup ring was too tall, causing the strings to rub against it if the action was set too low (a little sandpaper took care of that). I've heard not-so-good things about the Indonesian-made NightRider's, though (shoddy wiring, poor fretwork, etc... probably why they ended up discontinuing it )

A friend of mine bought one of the Indonesian-made Kramers with the floyd (A Striker, maybe?) & 'quad-rail' pickups. The build quality was decent enough, though not as good as mine, & the floyd worked fine, but the pickups are pretty muddy. He ended up selling it and getting a Peavey (which he also sold) instead.
Last edited by sinofian at Jun 27, 2008,
I love my Kramer Vanguard. Best $180 I've ever spent.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar