I ve seen loads of people saying they are rubbish and i dont know whats so bad about them. And any one who posts here can you please give a decent answer. dont just say they're crap or ****.
Poor quality control
Cheap materials
Bad construction
Decent tone
Over priced
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Well, My girlfriend spent a considerable amount on a USA made NJ Series Warlock bass, It sounds crap, the finish was shoddy, the customer service was utterly useless, and was unplayable, completely put me and many others off BC Rich, if all BC Rich guitars/ basses are put together this badly, and sold at extortionate prices then, pfft, no thanks, i'll buy an epiphone, or a fender, where I KNOW build quality and finish is fantastic

Gibson Buckethead Les Paul & Peter Frampton Les Paul
Dean Razorback Slime Bumblebee
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
EHX Memory Man/Hazarai
Digitch Whammy
Sovtek Straight 4x12
Herdim Picks
Laney Linebacker 50 Reverb
MXR Phase 90
All above.

But more because of the fact that the suckers that have them play crap like Avenged Sevenfold.
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
the high end ones are alright, but you gotta spend a LOT. my mates got a platinum series warlock, and it sounds nice, but it's just horrible to play, the strings feel odd, and he uses the same strings as me.
hello
Quote by Doodleface
Poor quality control
Cheap materials
Bad construction
Decent tone
Over priced

/thread
They aren't rubbish, it's just the low end models that are overpriced pieces of crap.
Get a Mockingbird special then you're talking.
Quote by Doodleface
Poor quality control
Cheap materials
Bad construction
Decent tone
Over priced

my bronze series warlock cost me £165 over seven months ago. it plays well and i have had no problems with it. but it is my 1st guitar and i think more experienced people would probably say its crap.
you have to go top end before you start getting real bc rich, the best cheap bc i can thaink of is the warbeast
Quote by dannyisokay
and i think they're uglier than sin.

+1 million.

I think the Mockingbird is the only one I can just stand looking at.
Gear
Epiphone G-400
Orange Tiny Terror
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Blackstar HT-Dual
MXR 10-Band EQ
When you buy BCR, never buy anything but Custom Shop.

Everything up until NJ is meh, and the NJ is just an average guitar line.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by Wigert
All above.

But more because of the fact that the suckers that have them play crap like Avenged Sevenfold.

i play avenged sevenfold but i dont play them all the time as i want to get more diverse styles and even though they are one of my favourite bands i dont bum them like so many others
Kerry King Model. That's all I have to say. One look at the box and you'll know.
mmmmmmhmmm

That's exactly what I've been trying to say.

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
Quote by WARLOCK123
i play avenged sevenfold but i dont play them all the time as i want to get more diverse styles and even though they are one of my favourite bands i dont bum them like so many others

Why would you burn them if they're your favorite band?
Quote by Paul Carbonella
Poor quality control. It's like Les Paul Studios only ten times worse.

And what is wrong with Les Paul Studios exactly?...
Quote by sashki
judging by these 'ranks', I guess you were looking at Gibson guitars.

In that case, it goes (worst --> best)
special --> studio --> standard --> custom

When Gibson calls something "special", it's special in the way a retarded kid is.
Quote by StraightxXxEdge

I think he meant bum as in saying "OMGZ DEY IS DAH BEST!11" etc, etc
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by StraightxXxEdge

i dont mean to burn them its just that i dont want to end up being a guitarist who can only play stuff that sounds like avenged sevenfold. it doesn't mean i like them less. it just means i dont want to rip off other peoples music.
Class Axe really hurt their image BADLY. The nicer, newer ones are pretty good though. but anything under about $400 by them is pretty mediocre in terms of build and materials.
Last edited by CJRocker at Jun 23, 2008,
There are no "USA made" NJ series BC Rich guitars.
Most people say negative things about them because of their lack of experience
CJRocker Is spot-on with his comment.
I have a bunch of BC Rich guitars, and have had none of the problems I hear about on here. Nor do I hear the collectors on the BC Rich forum talking about them. I think there is a certain bandwagon mentality that takes over here.
They just look cool.

I've used them, and I was pissed. The Beast was digging into my rib cage.

So unless it's a high end guitar, B.C. Rich is just for looks,
Try it, I dare you!