I've been looking for a Rhoads style guitar for a while, and I saw an add for an alexi-600 for $900. Apparently mint condition, basically brand new. I've contacted and asked for pics...

I've had my eye on a Jackson RR24, although if this guitar is as mint as it's claimed to be should I go for it? I'd definately save a whole lot...
gear

Epiphone SG-400
Agile AL-3100
Schecter Damien-7 (EMG 707 swap)
Peavey JSX Head
Peavey 412 Cab
Boss GT-10
Yamaha FG720S Acoustic
Sure, why not? Although you're paying a lot for Alexi's name, it's still both a good and badass guitar. I don't really see a difference between the RR24 and the Alexi-600. The ESP's neck will be a little thicker and that's all I can think of.

EDIT: I meant different besides the obvious shape. I forgot about the pickups too.
Last edited by DashBlaster at Jun 23, 2008,
well the RR24 has a nicer pickup (EMG 81 as opposed to alexi which has the EMG HZ) The alexi's are a bit bigger too, don't no if that would affect your choice.
looks like a good deal but yeah get pics first.
*edit* oh yeah they have started putting Blackouts in them now but that is only on the new ones
Member of the Jackson RR24 Owners club!

Esp Eclipse II Snow white
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RGA-8
Jackson RR24 Black w/yellow bevels, Limited 1/75
Yamaha FG-400A
Quote by sepultura alma
well the RR24 has a nicer pickup (EMG 81 as opposed to alexi which has the EMG HZ) The alexi's are a bit bigger too, don't no if that would affect your choice.
looks like a good deal but yeah get pics first.
*edit* oh yeah they have started putting Blackouts in them now but that is only on the new ones

As a matter of fact, newer Alexi-600's have an SD Blackout, which is a pretty good pickup.

Both guitars are at the same level IMO, though I've heard people say that the RR24 is above the Alexi-600. I liked the LTD's playing better honestly, better fret access. But it's also a really big guitar. Try them both out... I can't remember the price for any of the guitars right now, but if you can get a good price for the LTD, go for it.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
^ ...... I said they have blackouts now.....

Ibanez RGA-8
Yamaha FG-400A
Yeah I'm not sure yet if the guys guitar has the Hz's or Blackouts. I'll probably swap to an active if its an older one with a passive.
gear

Epiphone SG-400
Agile AL-3100
Schecter Damien-7 (EMG 707 swap)
Peavey JSX Head
Peavey 412 Cab
Boss GT-10
Yamaha FG720S Acoustic
i think they only started putting them in on the 2008 models so if its a 2007 it probs wont unless he's fitted them himself.

Ibanez RGA-8
Yamaha FG-400A
Quote by sepultura alma
^ ...... I said they have blackouts now.....

Oh my bad, I didn't notice that. Sorry.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
lol no worries =p

Ibanez RGA-8
Yamaha FG-400A