The cord that goes from the wall to my DC brick is dead. I used my friend's cord and my brick worked fine. Can I use some other 9V supply cord for my brick, or do I need to buy/build/steal a new one?
what kind of power cord is this? is it like the one for a power supply for a computer I'm guessing..and the 'brick' is basically a 9v-18v power supply for pedals i am guessing. Well using the info i listed, it's probably a male 3 prong to female three prong cord. I'd check radioshack first, then any computer store, then go online. You'll find it somewhere.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
okay, that cord looks like it has an input of 18v with a tip centered positive. I'm assuming, as long as you find an input of 18 volts you're fine. radioshack will sell an adapter for 18v, but i'd find something more of high quality to be honest. but if you wanna keep that brick, that may be one of your only options. the reason i dont like that option though is because adapters like that from the shack, or anywhere else have extreme power fluctuations. it may say 18 v on it, but really run about 15-22 v. and creates line noise. I'd check into a new adapter or power chain to be honest. but if this brick works well, buy a 18v adapter, and make sure the tip is centered the right way, i don't have the pic up, so i can't tell you the polarity, just make sure it is centered negative or postive so you don't fry things

EDIT: The tip looks like it is centered negative.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
What could be wrong with the one I have? when I plug it in, the LED on the brick won't come one. Can I test with a DMM or somthing?
what could be wrong? many many many many things. i can't just tell you, sorry dude. Did you accidently reverse the polarity of the tip? Or perhaps something inside this adapter went totally bad. i can't pinpoint exactly. can you get to the inside of this adapter, since it isn't a straight power cord? chances are, something inside this is bad if your polarity isnt reversed.
Quote by Invader Jim