View poll results: Which finish
Satin Black
9 21%
Yellow
16 37%
Something else, dumbass!
18 42%
Voters: 43.
I'm buying a used 7X21 to customise and I'm thinking about finishes. I was originally going to give it a Satin black finish (I hate gloss black) but after I saw those RG550 reissues, I'm very tempted to not go with the black and paint it yellow with a black pickguard.

The guitar will have a rosewood fretboard, so what are your opinions on that? Which should I go with? I'll put a poll up as well.

If you don't like either, specify something else please?

Heres an example of what either will look like-

Its not an Ibanez, but you get the idea

OR

But with a rosewood fretboard.

Cheers guys.
That RG is friggin' sweet. It looks awesome with the maple fretboard.

Anyway... I'd go for the yellow myself, matte black is just way too overdone nowadays. And it'd be even better if you managed to get yellow pickup covers and black binding for the guitar.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
I wouldn't get either, to be honest. I think that yellow is quite ugly, and the black is 'overdone'.

Maybe get a green. I like green.

If that helps.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Tom_hatton
^^ Its gonna have a rosewood fretboard though... still think it'll be better?

Sure, though it would definitely look better with a maple fretboard.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
The yellow is okay, but I would go for a less vivid shade of yellow. Perhaps something with a slight green or orange tint to it so it wasn't just 'bright yellow'.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
I like the yellow, but I think it'd look kind of dumb with a rosewood fingerboard. I say something else... pic of the guitar now?
I think the 2nd, (Ibanez one) will be cool in white/black colors, I'm not an Ibanez "metal model" fan and I got a Sunburst ARC300 and thats really sweet too, with silver pickups! You could look at some of that colors too!
Quote by Lil Macker
I wouldn't get either, to be honest. I think that yellow is quite ugly, and the black is 'overdone'.

Maybe get a green. I like green.

If that helps.

that is precisely the reason to do yellow
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
if i HAD to choose between those to then i would definetely choose black, but i dont really like either of them. i probably like white and sunburst the best. And then there is that amazing looking black and gold les paul, but u wuold need goldhardware.
I'd say black, on the basis that the yellow would look naff with a rosewood fretboard.

Yellow+Maple frets=win
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
Quote by mmjohn
satin black and fingerprints are bad news.

Not as bad as gloss black surely?