I want to make a solo record, cheapest budget possible

assume i have nothing except instruments, jacks, cables, amps

what else will i need to make a cheap recording?
You also have a computer. All you need is a microphone and a stand, and probably an adapter to connect the microphone cable to a microphone port on your computer (it's red).
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Oh, geez....

What sort of quality are you expecting for a near-zero budget? Go to a garage sale and get an old cassette recorder with a built-in mic. Total recording costs = $5 plus tape.

Alternately, use your headset microphone that probably came with your sound card and use Windows Recorder. Total recording cost = nothin'.

You want quality? You have to spend something.

What kind of quality do you want? What will you be recording? What are you going to do with the recording? What, honestly and realistically is your budget?

Those are all important questions before this can be answered any further.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
I just want to make a home recording

using my computer.

And wanted to know how i'd go about it basically, usually things like this people quote saying oh you'll need to spend £50 on this or £200 on that.

I was wondering using my computer, Audacity or some other free recording software and the instruments i have, Guitar, Bass, Electric Drum Kit and Vocal mic, what else I'd need.
Cheapest budget possible?

Use the mic that probably came with your soundcard.... the one with the headset.... Plug it into the mic in jack on your stock soundcard, and use Audacity, then. That is all you need. It won't sound great... or even all that good for that matter..... but it will be exactly what you stated you wanted:

-a home recording
-using your computer
-utilizing your Audacity
-cheapest budget possible.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Ideal setup, (for not so much money)
audio interface (they go low in price these days such as the Toneport GX)
Software like Audacity and Reaper is at a good price. Audacity is free, Reaper is almost free but well worth the price.

Reaper can be used forever for free but its suggested that you buy the license.

With this rig you can DI your guitar to the interface and not spend on any mic.
Quote by moody07747
Ideal setup, (for not so much money)
audio interface (they go low in price these days such as the Toneport GX)
Software like Audacity and Reaper is at a good price. Audacity is free, Reaper is almost free but well worth the price.

Reaper can be used forever for free but its suggested that you buy the license.

With this rig you can DI your guitar to the interface and not spend on any mic.

yeah this is your best bet, a cheap interface will maybe cost 100$

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/FastTrackUSB-main.html

this is the one i use, it works fine in direct input recording, but when your ready to step up you can always buy a mic and still use the interface
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Elitist Paul Mccartney Texan
Orange Tiny Terror
Vox Valvetronix AD 30
Vox V847 Wah
Metal Muff EQ (broken )
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal

Me playing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0unpDZFIWA