I just ripped a DVD, and it's in AVI format. So I need a good, FREE AVI-MP4 converter (for my ipod).

I've tried google, and the first 3 links i tried only have trials (and the trials only convert 5 minutes).

Anyways, can anyone help? Thanks.
*cough*use bitorrent*cough*to pirate*cough*whatever software*cough*you want*cough*

Ahem, excuse me.
I simply cannot take this god-awful place anymore. Goodbye to all the good people here. The rest can fuck off.

Most people recommend Videora. However, it didn't work for me, the program just raped my computer every time the conversion got to 99%. Now I use Prism Video Converter. It says it's a trial and won't work after 30 days. However, you just need to re-install and it resets the trial period.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
I use one simply called "Super". It's great and a lot faster than videora. But the website for it is crap.
¯|(°_o)/¯
DVDVIDEOSOFT its a program manager that features a host of audio and video, dvd converting programns all fo whih are free and work great, it's what i used tor ip al my avi's to ipod mp4 format. also the converted avi's fit fulls creen to the ipod which si very good imo.
MY gear
Vintage v100 les paul.
POS Ion strat
Vox ad50vt
15 watt practice amp
Ibanez rg570
Cucusoft DVD suite and video converter is great. You obtain it from less than legal sources if you know where to look. Sshh.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Demoralising women is just one of the many services we provide here at UG
WinAVI is a pretty good one if you wanna pirate it - very small.

If you have Nero, use Nero Recode or Vision, can't remember which but I think it's Recode and for the output format, choose iPod and it should transcode the AVI file to an MPEG4 file.