Ahoy there!

I'm considering one of the top end Ibanez guitars (not the full blown £1K models), but I'm wondering if any of them excel beyond the others. The specs are pretty much the same for all three, so is it all down to cosmetics..? Future resale value's also a consideration.. n_n

These're the colours I'd choose too. These three are all £600-£800.

S Prestige

RG Prestige

Jem 555

What do we think guys?
Yo Homes, To Belair
I'd go with the S. The JEM is a no-no, way overpriced and not that good either. The RG's, I just think look nerdy, but maybe that's just me. The S is just the classiest of them all.
go for the jem
or the S prestige

they are the coolest
Drum drum drum away!
The RG. The S is still Korean made and not worth the "Prestige" price tag and the 555 is not a "real" jem, it's got the questionable Edge III bridge.

The RG however has the new Edge Zero bridge ( a good one), great neck and decent stock pickups.

IF you do want an S, they are great guitars btw, look into the new 24-fret Japanese made ones.
Gibson SG Special Ebony
Epiphone Sheraton w/ Seymour Duncan JB and SH-1 '59
Fender 1985 Made in Japan Stratocaster
Ibanez S470 DXQM Charcoal Brown
Simon Patrick CW Spruce Top Acoustic
S, just because I harbour a strong dislike for RG's. And it has a cool finish and pup config.
It all depends.

DO NOT GET THE JEM 555

Its a not a "real" jem

its just an overpriced sig. model with crap pickups and a crap tremelo.

If you want a really skinny guitar with 22 frets get the S Prestige.

If you want 24 frets get the RG Prestige.

Its all personal tastes between those 2, so play both and see which one you like.
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
s ftw
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
out of those, defeniatly the S-series. That finish is sex
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Quote by Teh GIR
It all depends.

DO NOT GET THE JEM 555

Its a not a "real" jem

Its all personal tastes between those 2, so play both and see which one you like.

THIS ^
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
I'd highly recommend you have a look at any of the Ibanez neck-thrus. They
have a variety in different price ranges. I think those will give you the best bang
for the buck that Ibanez has to offer.

Even the high-end JEM is a cheesy guitar, so I imagine that one would also be a
bad choice. What people see in JEMs have no clue. I was going to buy one until
I tried one. yuck.
Quote by Teh GIR
It all depends.

DO NOT GET THE JEM 555

Its a not a "real" jem

Actually, no, the JEM555 does come with Dimarzio EVOS. Unless you consider them to be **** pickups. The JEM555 is rather overpriced for what it is, for a mediocre trem and Korean craftmanship model when you can get a Japanese guitar with a great trem.

Out of the three, I'd hop onto the RG model since it's the only Japanese guitar (hence the only guitar worthy of the 'Prestige' name), has 24 frets, is equipped with an awesome trem and is fantastically versatile.

That's not to say the S is not good, but the S Prestige is still Korean made which sorta defeats the purpose of getting a Prestige guitar unless you really want that finish. If you're gonna get an S Prestige guitar, do it right and go for an Ibanez Prestige S5470 which is Japanese made and has 24 frets.

Have you tried any of those guitars?
Quote by Tom_hatton
They're too expensive for what they are. Just get a S320 and change the pickups.

or the S520EX

damn I like that guitar
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Quote by Mwoit
Actually, no, the JEM555 does come with Dimarzio EVOS. Unless you consider them to be **** pickups. The JEM555 is rather overpriced for what it is, for a mediocre trem and Korean craftmanship model when you can get a Japanese guitar with a great trem.

Out of the three, I'd hop onto the RG model since it's the only Japanese guitar (hence the only guitar worthy of the 'Prestige' name), has 24 frets, is equipped with an awesome trem and is fantastically versatile.

That's not to say the S is not good, but the S Prestige is still Korean made which sorta defeats the purpose of getting a Prestige guitar unless you really want that finish. If you're gonna get an S Prestige guitar, do it right and go for an Ibanez Prestige S5470 which is Japanese made and has 24 frets.

Have you tried any of those guitars?

agreed. the jem is a definite no-no, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Awesome, so I'll go with the RG Prestige then, seen as it's £220 cheaper than the Jap S Prestige.

Any objections? n_n
Yo Homes, To Belair
i think there's only one japanese s-prestige (and i don't think that's it- it's a 24-fretter with a flame maple top).

no objections here, as long as you like the guitar. EDIT: though if you're planning to change pickups later, the rg1570 is more or less the same guitar (minus scratchplate and pickups) for less. if not, that one does have nicer pickups and will be nicer out of the box.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?