My price range is under $750 for a decent tube combo amp. Peavey, Fender, and Vox have some pretty cool choices. I play Alt. Rock, Doom Metal, Grunge, Folk Rock, Classic/Hard Rock, and some Blues. I got a GT-8, but don't plan on using the preamp setting, because it basically defeats the purpose of using a tube amp. Any suggestions. Thanks in advance.
Quote by rancidryan
Do they come with heroin because I heard thats the only reason Dave Mustaine used them

"The power of the riff compels me"
Bury Me In Smoke
Traynor YCV50 blue.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Traynor-Custom-Valve-50BLUE-YCV50BLUE-50W-All-Tube-1x12-Combo-Amp-with-Celestion-Speaker?sku=489075

Awesome for everything up to old school metal tones, for everything else the GT8 should be able to take up the slack. Built like a tank.

Bugera 333

http://www.samash.com/catalog/showitem.asp?ItemPos=6&TempID=7&STRID=153819&Method=2&CategoryID=0&BrandID=2293&PriceRangeID=0&PageNum=0&DepartmentID=0&pagesize=10&SortMethod=2&SearchPhrase=&Contains=&Search_Type=SEARCH&GroupCode=

More aimed towards the heavier end of the spectrum, they're still pretty new and opinion's divided. Reliability is a bit of an unknown quantity simply because not enough people have owned them for long enough - the best thing you can do is try one and see if you like it.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
those ^

and there are others in within your reach, especially if you can go used.

do you gig at all or play with a drummer?

Valveking might get you there as well and can be had for $400 new which might save you some cash for something else. Prolly not the best Blues amp tho.
I concur on the Traynor. I play one, and it is everything the guy above me said!

Great heavy tones (can get all the way up to Zeppelin and AC/DC and classic rock stuff) with two gain channels, and also two clean channels with reverb that can go from dry Chet Atkins type stuff to shimmering SRV "Lenny" type tones. Combining the reverb with the gain and I've been able to get that really sweet Slash tone from "Sweet Child O' Mine"

In short, it's a really versitile amp. I shopped around and tried a lot of different stuff, and I even like it better than a Fender Twin Reverb (the other amp I had narrowed it down to)--- it just SOUNDS better.

Plus, it's a lot CHEAPER--- and is built like a Mack Truck--- almost indestructible.

Of course, if you had an extra $3500 lying around, I'd say cut to the chase and get yourself a Divided by 13 (the sound of angels singing!)

But, barring that, try out the Traynor. I'm really happy with it!

=greg
Oh, by the way, I think you can get a better deal than the $743 Musicians' Friend is listing the Traynor for.

I recall I got mine for around $550, new.

Also, even though it's only a 1x12, it is surely louder than hell...

Must be the Celestion speaker.
Quote by GregB777
Oh, by the way, I think you can get a better deal than the $743 Musicians' Friend is listing the Traynor for.

I recall I got mine for around $550, new.

Also, even though it's only a 1x12, it is surely louder than hell...

Must be the Celestion speaker.

It's 50 watts it's going to be loud

Traynor actually seems like a preety good choice man, that or a used Mesa F-30.