Ever since i got service pack 3 for Windows XP, I have noticed a significant increase in time i have to wait to log off and on to windows.

Has anyone else noticed this?
sup?
There's an SP3?
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
...SP3?

Since when?
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
might just be you pc mine runs about the same
have you thought to do a virus scan? when i upgraded from sp1 to sp2 i thought i had the same problem but a scan showed me it was just a trojan i had from a game i downloaded
Dick+strings= owww
Quote by ldl67
Last month.

Well, I guess I should update, then.

I had no idea.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
Yeah mine does that too. It's a pain.
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
Quote by ldl67
Ever since i got service pack 3 for Windows XP, I have noticed a significant increase in time i have to wait to log off and on to windows.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Same.
Proud member of the UG Hate Crew

Laguna Loire of the Final Fantasy Elites - PM metacarpi, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Does anyone know why?

Quote by Long_way_down10
its because windows sucks. get a mac or install linux.

This isn't a helpful response, and could be considered spam.
sup?
Quote by ldl67
Does anyone know why?

This isn't a helpful response, and could be considered spam.

thats not true at all you idiot. there is so much crap made for windows that its unbelieveably slow. also, since windows is the number one selling software provider in america they've gotten sloppy. just look at vista. to date, its one of the worst selling windows software versions made. and you can't get viruses or anything on macs or linux. its just simple computer software info so chill out. by the way, since linux is a small company they offer all their software as free downloads.
Last edited by Long_way_down10 at Jun 23, 2008,
its just a final service pack of all auto updates a few minor things before they stop supporting xp. if u keep auto updates on, u dont need this sp at all.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Quote by Long_way_down10
thats not true at all you idiot. there is so much crap made for windows and you can't get viruses or anything on macs or linux. its just simple computer software info so chill out. by the way, since linux is a small company they offer all their software as free downloads.

This thread is about Windows XP, it is not about switching to a different OS.
sup?