Page 1 of 2
Where whenever you try to punch someone, it's like you're punching through molasses, and your punch is in slow motion, and seems to be completely useless against whatever it is that you've encountered?

It's weird. Every dream where I'm fighting something or another, this happens. When I have a gun, and I shoot point blank, turns out it's filled with blanks o_o. My knife always turns out to be made of plastic.

Anyone know what this is supposed to symbolize? If anything at all?
My Last.fm

Quote by \Powerslave/
HelloHalo, I love you.

WHO SEND ALL THESE BABIES TO FIGHT?
Last edited by HelloHalo at Jun 23, 2008,
Yeah I've had that sort of dream before, the gun one too.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Woah.

ALL of those happen to me, and very often.

Do you ever feel like you can't open your eyes more than halfway/can't lift your head up even though it's a really interesting scenario that you'd like to witness, and you move really slowly? And yea, the punching slow thing makes me kind of depressed lol. Like I can't do anything to stop anyone.
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.
i used to get that alllll the time.. also things like if i was running it was like i was either stuck or in serious slow motion.

Not anymore though. Maybe I just grew out of whatever was making me dream those things.

What's wrong with your life the now?
Quote by Firequacker
Woah.

Do you ever feel like you can't open your eyes more than halfway/can't lift your head up even though it's a really interesting scenario that you'd like to witness, and you move really slowly? And yea, the punching slow thing makes me kind of depressed lol. Like I can't do anything to stop anyone.

Yes, quite a bit.

And if it's something I don't want to see, I close my eyes, but it's like they're made of glass, and I can see everything.
My Last.fm

Quote by \Powerslave/
HelloHalo, I love you.

i have it where i punch someone , but the punches are pussy punches and its like im hitting the with marshmallows
Yes ive had that

By the way....According to freud, and symbol anaysis with dreams. A gun means a penis....
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
Quote by Firequacker
Do you ever feel like you can't open your eyes more than halfway/can't lift your head up even though it's a really interesting scenario that you'd like to witness, and you move really slowly?

I get that sometimes.

It sucks.
I just have it where whenever i fight in my dreams i feel ridiculously weak and cant defend **** but i wake up and realize i could easily punch through my wall :p
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
Quote by stratele
Yes ive had that

By the way....According to freud, and symbol anaysis with dreams. A gun means a penis....

I call BS, im pretty sure a penis symbolizes a penis my friend.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
I hate that it's like i can't throw a punch fast enough, or sometimes I run really slowly, like my feet keep slipping off the ground

sometimes I get so pissed off I try really hard to running and I will wake up and my legs are just thrashing around

same with the punching thing, ill get really pissed off and end up trying really hard and waking up because my hand hurts because i just punched my headboard.
My favorite band is Tool.

Quote by dio_dude
despite the funny name, unknownpunkrock is the coolest 08'er.

Ibanez GRG
Vox AD30VT
Randall RG50TC
Takamine C128
Dano Wah
Yamaha S90
Quote by LaGrange

Agreed. Because I know that I don't shoot blanks o_o.
My Last.fm

Quote by \Powerslave/
HelloHalo, I love you.

I'va had that one. And the one where your gun shoots too slowly, and the the one where you can't run quickly when your life depends on it.

I've haven't been in a fight for a long time, so I feel like I would actually punch like that now.
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
Yeah I get that when I'm running away from axe murderers and stuff, like im running through syrup and my legs get realy tired.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Quote by HelloHalo
Where whenever you try to punch someone, it's like you're punching through molasses, and your punch is in slow motion, and seems to be completely useless against whatever it is that you've encountered?

It's weird. Every dream where I'm fighting something or another, this happens. When I have a gun, and I shoot point blank, turns out it's filled with blanks o_o. My knife always turns out to be made of plastic.

Lots of fail. Do not get in fights.
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor
Your avatar is the first thing that has made me laugh in a long time. I applaud you

Quote by superslash1994
Lmao, your avatar earns you a golf clap.
Quote by HelloHalo

You have erectile dysfunction don't you?
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Because when I was younger I would wrap dollar bills around my wang while masturbating to get that extra dirty feeling.

Even though I quit doing it, it still turns me on when I see money.

Http://magnumman.dmusic.com
i get that. i have no clue what it means. pisses me off though...
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
Heres my serious interpretation....

Dreams are usually whats on your mind as your brain is still tinking when your asleep. I believe that you have anger or frustration built up inside of you; and there is so much that it is making you weak. Violence is a weak way of releasing anger.

For example, you try to release it by punching. However, You try so much and think you have so much energy it makes you weak.

You just need to calm down and think what is going on in your life that is making you feel this way and find a way to release it peacefully.
OH!
I KNOW THIS!!!!
the reasons everything in your dreams seems slow is that during REM sleep, when you have dreams, your muscles are deactivated, and your brain somehow picks up on that, and so it makes you feel as if you're moving slowly (like punching through molasses or walking underwater), because your brain thinks you have no muscle. That's why everything seems slow and ineffective.

About the gun and knife, i have no idea. but the freudian dream analysis means that a gun is a symbol for physical passion, and that the shooter is "consciously or unconsciously searching for a partner". the fact fact that it wont shoot means you're failing.
Freud also said that a dull knife (like one made of plastic), implies the dreamer's lack of ability to sever a relationship that is not serving you.

So pretty much you have a girl or boyfriend who you dont want, and you're looking for another one but you still can't get over the one you have now.

Cheers!
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
Yeah, I actually did have that dream a couple times, when I was 10 or 12. Weird.
I simply cannot take this god-awful place anymore. Goodbye to all the good people here. The rest can fuck off.

Yeah, the punch one.
Or, it's like the person has a forcefield around them. It's horrible!
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by swordsrkewl
Lots of fail. Do not get in fights.

>_>.

Eh, I thought this would pop up. I forget where, but I remember reading somewhere that lack of defense or something along those lines meant that you're a pacifist or something like that.

Quote by GuitarJunkie
You have erectile dysfunction don't you?

I'm 14 o_o.
My Last.fm

Quote by \Powerslave/
HelloHalo, I love you.

Quote by muse-ik
OH!
I KNOW THIS!!!!
the reasons everything in your dreams seems slow is that during REM sleep, when you have dreams, your muscles are deactivated, and your brain somehow picks up on that, and so it makes you feel as if you're moving slowly (like punching through molasses or walking underwater), because your brain thinks you have no muscle. That's why everything seems slow and ineffective.

About the gun and knife, i have no idea. but the freudian dream analysis means that a gun is a symbol for physical passion, and that the shooter is "consciously or unconsciously searching for a partner". the fact fact that it wont shoot means you're failing.
Freud also said that a dull knife (like one made of plastic), implies the dreamer's lack of ability to sever a relationship that is not serving you.

So pretty much you have a girl or boyfriend who you dont want, and you're looking for another one but you still can't get over the one you have now.

Cheers!

Wow. That was...rather informative. The gun thing isn't my exact situation, but somewhat.

Knife thing's out of the question, I'm not dating at the moment.
My Last.fm

Quote by \Powerslave/
HelloHalo, I love you.

Quote by HelloHalo

Quote by Firequacker
Woah.

Holy crap, I get all of these. I've dreamed before that I've seen Tool and others in concert but I can't freaking look up and see them! Very frustrating.
Quote by aaronob
Heres my serious interpretation....

Dreams are usually whats on your mind as your brain is still tinking when your asleep.

you got this much right. really though the best way to interpret ANY dream is to think about how the dream makes you feel and chances are it's mirroring feelings you have in the waking world. oftentime these feelings are subconcscious and not felt as deep as in a dream. such as oftentimes in dreams when you're scared you're REALLY scared, same with happiness or any other emotion felt in the dream.

my interpretation is that this dream represents some feeling of helplessness and not being in control, which may very well scare or frighten you to some degree. it's totally natural. i recommend taking a look at your life, whats happened to you recently to make you feel this way. be totally honest with yourself and think it through. chances are if you figure out what makes you feel this way and at least TRY to fix it, your subconscious will clear out the fearful angsty feelings on its own.
I always feel like I can't lift my arms or any limbs for that matter, I always feel very powerless when that happens. Then the person with a knife comes in and starts slicing me up and then it turns into a nightmare.
Quote by Slut
Nobody likes you and your opinion on life does not matter. Also your sister is pregnant with my child.
Quote by z4twenny
you got this much right. really though the best way to interpret ANY dream is to think about how the dream makes you feel and chances are it's mirroring feelings you have in the waking world. oftentime these feelings are subconcscious and not felt as deep as in a dream. such as oftentimes in dreams when you're scared you're REALLY scared, same with happiness or any other emotion felt in the dream.

my interpretation is that this dream represents some feeling of helplessness and not being in control, which may very well scare or frighten you to some degree. it's totally natural. i recommend taking a look at your life, whats happened to you recently to make you feel this way. be totally honest with yourself and think it through. chances are if you figure out what makes you feel this way and at least TRY to fix it, your subconscious will clear out the fearful angsty feelings on its own.

Well, here in Edmonton, High School begins at 10th grade, and the big thing right now is, if I don't get at least a 90%+ average on my final exams, I can't go to the high school I want to go to, and I have to go to one where I don't know anyone there.

I'll be seperated from all my friends, and it's quite a big issue for me at the moment.

Because, well...my next 3 years are going to lack something. Of course, I'll make new friends and the like, but these people I've known for years, since I started school.

This may be it.
My Last.fm

Quote by \Powerslave/
HelloHalo, I love you.

Quote by z4twenny

I was having a hard time finding the right words but I was kinda trying to go along the lines of something is frustrating him; leaving him open and making him feel vulnerable and helpless. I think yours is better though...
Quote by adam.on.fire
i used to get that alllll the time.. also things like if i was running it was like i was either stuck or in serious slow motion.

i get the running in slow motion thing all the time. i'm always doing something with a group of friends, then something happens, and we all take off running, they just kinda disappear, and i'm stuck there running like a ****ing sumo wrestler as whatever i'm running from catches up with me. usually causing me to wake up. bastards.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Quote by HelloHalo

have exactly the same thing, im serious!
Quote by LaGrange

Nah a penis symbolizes a gun you n00b.

Yeah I have those dreams all the time. I have on where I'm running but its like theres a really strong force resisting it, its well wierd.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

get that alot. allof those things. anyone ever had the fealing the we're falling back into there bed after regaining consiousness?
Quote by HelloHalo

It doesn't just happen to me in my dreams...
Jackson Kelly KE3 w/P-Rails; Aria Pro II TSB-350
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

EMU 0404; Reason/Record; M-Audio AV40
Happens to me very often... i get my ass kicked in almost every dream cus my punches wont inflict any damage at all
I've had dreams where I try to beat the shit out of someone but I can't, no matter what I do nothing happens.
Page 1 of 2