I know it works, cos I did it. I bought a cable to plug into my stereo's aux input and plugged straight in. It sounded ok, but I had to turn my stereos volume pretty high.

Just wanted to check it won't blow my speakers or anything....
Listening to bass playing on your stereo doesn't blow the speakers when you listen to music.
Hmm, im not very knowledgeable about the frequency range of a stereo speaker,
but im guessing that it wont be able to handle bass frequency without damaging it.
ive been doing for 4 months about. same stereo. doesnt blow up or anything. i live in a town house so its pretty good since its not that loud. but if i want it louder i just add more speakers. bad thing is you dont get many tone things. not a lot of bass.
be ready to buy more stereo speakers! i blew every speaker in my house before i learned. a home stereo will not suffice as a bass amp, except in the lowest of volume situations. another thing i learned, don't use your brothers stereo, while he's not home. Doh! (he kicked my arse).
Dude, I wouldn't push it too hard. You will probably end up damaging it.

Just try and save for a small bass combo! You wont regret it.
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Quote by sam i am
I know it works, cos I did it. I bought a cable to plug into my stereo's aux input and plugged straight in. It sounded ok, but I had to turn my stereos volume pretty high.

Just wanted to check it won't blow my speakers or anything....

i checked some of the advice from the other guys, it's all relevant i will add i do the same as you do my stereo is an old ''80s'' AIWA stack unit its wight is about 30LBs. it has a very good EQ and has seperate volume on the input side, i turn the master up to 48dbl on the scale then set the input 'VOL' to suit.....but i dont overdo it ......................