It's the only song in my profile, just something I've been fooling around with for a while.

Comments and criticism are welcome.
Last edited by Deezlink at Jun 23, 2008,
Quote by James_Het_Rules
Wow the intro is very dark, but hopeful at the same time. One word would be mesmerizing. The tone isn't bad either. This is a very relaxing piece of work. A few of the transitions in between parts could be a bit better since they seemed a little forced in some places. But again the main theme to the song is very relaxing, the strumming part sounded good as well, and the bridge area fit fairly nice too. Overall, this is a fairly well written bit of music. If the quality was a bit better recorded id love to listen to it again, keep up the good work though, you've got a lot of potential.

Crit: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=863747

Yeah, the transitions were what I thought needed work. I have a line-in, but it just doesn't sound real when it's all done recording. Is there any way to fix that?

Also, my bandmate has a mini-recording studio in his basement, so I'm going to get this recorded in better quality within a few months/improve the song.
Quote by James_Het_Rules
Well i have ALOT of stuff that i record with, but with the right mixing you can play each part one at a time and mix them together later so you dont have to worry about any of the transitions being cut off or rough, but it should be alot better once you get into the studio.

Yeah, I played it all separately but Audacity has started to screw up all my projects by randomly moving my tracks so they weren't how I recorded them. D:

Okay, thanks for the reassurance. There's no real way that I can record with a 10 year old mic.
very intresting intro....oddly mixed mood. i wish there were more for me to go on, but you have some really great ideas here. get into a studio man!
Too cool for a signature.
i really liked it, the tone was really close but i think if it was just a little crunchier, like a little more bite, the tone would be Puuuuurfect. i know its a only a demo, but this song is missing a bass line and that would sound great. great stuff your working with, the strum pattern sounds great. good job overall

crit me
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=892519
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Elitist Paul Mccartney Texan
Orange Tiny Terror
Vox Valvetronix AD 30
Vox V847 Wah
Metal Muff EQ (broken )
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal

Me playing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0unpDZFIWA
Quote by Ardie12
i really liked it, the tone was really close but i think if it was just a little crunchier, like a little more bite, the tone would be Puuuuurfect. i know its a only a demo, but this song is missing a bass line and that would sound great. great stuff your working with, the strum pattern sounds great. good job overall

crit me
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=892519

My blues pedal is out of commission, due to me having one working cable. ;_;

Yes, bass line is on the list of stuff to add. If I add lyrics, should I go for subtle lines every now and then?
I liked it a lot, the intro is by far the best part, I've always like that progression and you've hit a nice dream like tone with that. My biggest suggestion is at least another guitar Ala Ten Years Gone by Zeppelin. Nothing big just strum the chords and put some echo on it. It'll fatten the sound up a lot. You already know the transitions are a little sketchy, that happens a lot when you're recording without a drum track or something to keep time with. Since metronomes are pretty annoying i reccomend just counting the beats out. When your playing by yourself it's easy to stay in time but recording is also kind of cold and harder to get it perfect.

Overall though i think it's on it's way to being a killer tune. Lyric wise i suggest something introspective done quietly. This song has a lot of potential for a loud quiet dynamic, not necessarily like distorted loud but full to thin i guess is where i'm going. Keep up the good work.

www.virb.com/housewithoutfurniture
Quote by Zombiereagan
I liked it a lot, the intro is by far the best part, I've always like that progression and you've hit a nice dream like tone with that. My biggest suggestion is at least another guitar Ala Ten Years Gone by Zeppelin. Nothing big just strum the chords and put some echo on it. It'll fatten the sound up a lot. You already know the transitions are a little sketchy, that happens a lot when you're recording without a drum track or something to keep time with. Since metronomes are pretty annoying i reccomend just counting the beats out. When your playing by yourself it's easy to stay in time but recording is also kind of cold and harder to get it perfect.

Overall though i think it's on it's way to being a killer tune. Lyric wise i suggest something introspective done quietly. This song has a lot of potential for a loud quiet dynamic, not necessarily like distorted loud but full to thin i guess is where i'm going. Keep up the good work.

www.virb.com/housewithoutfurniture

Thanks for the kind words. Never thought about adding another guitar, thanks.

Yeah, I really don't know what's been happening with the transitions. Audacity has been screwing up all my projects when I'm been loading them. It wasn't that bad when I recorded them all and put them together. D: