Ok, so I am having trouble tuning my guitar. Everytime I tune certain strings, other strings detune. I'm thinking that my tremelo system has something to do with it, because another problem I have is when I'm tuning the guitar, my tremelo goes out of tune, causing me to have to mess around with that. Does anyone know what my problem might be? Could the tremelo springs be weak?

I'm using as Ibanez RG5EX1 with tremelo.
What tuning are you going into?
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
I'm just trying to get into standard tuning. It's weird, like when I tune my D, G, or B strings up, my low E string will go down, and vice versa.
Hmm, I can't think of anything as to why that would happen.

Though, I'm not experienced with Ibanez guitars.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
or your strings were not put on your guitar properly and are just slipping like hell when you try to tune them
Yeah it's aggrivating the hell outta me. >.> I'm thinking I mite have to take it to a place to get fixed.
I don't think it's the strings because this has happened before when I had the factory strings on it, and it's doing it again since I'm tuning it because I just replaced them....and I put the strings on the same way I always do and I've never had problems before.
Try stretching the strings. Give them a few good tugs and see what happens. If it doesn't work then it's likely your tremelo system.
It's the trem system

They take a long time to tune properly, but once they're intune you should be set
Changing the tuning on one string will change the tuning of the other 5 strings just a little bit because the less/more tension you just changed one one string will affect the tension of the other strings. For example if you tune from standard to Drop D you lower the E string to D. But in doing this you're also making the other strings tighter so they will be slightly off tune.
If you like using your trem, then I don't think there's anything you can do except keep tuning the strings until they're right.

Otherwise, block it