Hey guys. I'd appreciate some thoughts on something I'm thinking about getting. A while ago, I picked up a Vox AD30VT amp. After reading reviews, it seemed like a good mixture of good practice sound and price. It has made my daughter's starter Behringer sound much better. I'm still learning (mostly on accoustic so far), so I really didn't feel like spending a ton of money on an amp just yet. I'm thinking heavily of getting the guitar below. Am I going to be happy with this combo? I generally like to play classic rock stuff, praise stuff, not too much metal but I liked the possibilities of the HSS just in case I wanted to play something different. The reviews seem to be really good and I have a 10% off coupon. I'd appreciate any opinions. Probably going down to Guitar Center this weekend. Thanks!

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-American-Special-Mahogany-HSS-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar-511165-i1168160.gc
no offense, but if youre learning still, theres no way you're going to make the most of that guitar, i'd get something a bit more down-market...
but to answer your question, yes, it would be pretty much perfect for your needs

but i imagine you dont have the budget of a 19 year old student like the rest of the people on here...so if you have the $$$ by all means, go wild ;]
Quote by xConverge
no offense, but if youre learning still, theres no way you're going to make the most of that guitar, i'd get something a bit more down-market...
but to answer your question, yes, it would be pretty much perfect for your needs

but i imagine you dont have the budget of a 19 year old student like the rest of the people on here...so if you have the $$$ by all means, go wild ;]

No offense taken. I know I won't be able to take advantage of the guitar right now as most of you probably could, but I'm 38 with a good job and my wife has told me to get something that I'm going to have fun with. My daughter is taking lessons and I go with her so I've been doing a lot of practicing of the fundamentals that she's learning (along with stuff I'm learning on my own through this site, etc.). Her teacher has encouraged me also to get what I'm going to have fun with and enjoy playing. I don't want to spend $300-500 now and then later on when I've gotten much better, feel like I need to go out and buy another guitar. Maybe at that time, I'll get the better tube amp.
Last edited by caseyd1012 at Jun 23, 2008,
Quote by caseyd1012
No offense taken. I know I won't be able to take advantage of the guitar right now as most of you probably could, but I'm 38 with a good job and my wife has told me to get something that I'm going to have fun with. My daughter is taking lessons and I go with her so I've been doing a lot of practicing of the fundamentals that she's learning (along with stuff I'm learning on my own through this site, etc.). Her teacher has encouraged me also to get what I'm going to have fun with and enjoy playing. I don't want to spend $300-500 now and then later on when I've gotten much better, feel like I need to go out and buy another guitar. Maybe at that time, I'll get the better tube amp.

Then go ahead and get that guitar, you can afford it.
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
If you can afford high-end, buy high-end. No sense going cheaper if you can afford the good stuff and got the OK from the mrs.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar