im looking into some good recording software and i would like it to be free so i know it will be hard to find but does anyone know of anything or would anyone like to send me a program that they use to help out a fellow musician?

any help is greatly appreciated thanks
Audacity is free and easy to use, check google. Reaper is a great piece of software that is more advanced than Audacity, but costs around $40 for the download I believe.
There is poetry in despair.
Yeah, sure.... I'll jump right up out of my seat and send you a copy of Cubase that I spent over $1000 of my own money on. Just because I'm a nice guy. Whatevs.

Seconded the Reaper option. Very good software, and low, low price.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by fridge_raider
Audacity is free and easy to use, check google. Reaper is a great piece of software that is more advanced than Audacity, but costs around $40 for the download I believe.

Ehh.... Reaper is more-or-less free. It's uncrippled shareware, so it still runs perfectly fine after the 30 days are up, kinda like WinZip. I also highly recommend it.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Yes, it can be obtained for free, but then so can most commercial software. Using Reaper without paying is the same as torrenting in my book.
Quote by fridge_raider
Yes, it can be obtained for free, but then so can most commercial software. Using Reaper without paying is the same as torrenting in my book.

You can think whatever you want, but you're still wrong.
Not really. Taken straight from the Reaper website download page -

License

REAPER is not free. Be sure to purchase a license if you use it past the evaluation period.

So no, it isn't free.
^ Exactly what MrPillow said.

If you torrent software, you're stealing software. If you download Reaper and use it without paying, you're stealing software.

If people want to steal software, then it's really none of my business, but don't walk around pretending that obtaining Reaper for free just because you can is fully ethical.
well i use torrents and all that good stuff so i dont care lol
Quote by I Be Andyy
That gives you rank of -10 out of 10. You fail. Go play the flute.

----GEAR----
Gibson voodoo sg
Schecter hellraiser c-1 fr (07' model)
Fender american strat
Martin 000-28
Peavey bandit 112
Mesa mark 5
Mesa stiletto 4x12
Then get whatever you want. I would recommend using reaper though. at least at first, if you havent used advanced software, reaper will be best. Its very easy but works awesome. I have cubase, but sometimes i still use reaper for small projects because its simpler.

The difference between using reaper free and others is that reaper allows you to use it easily. You dont have to download and use illigal cracks. I doubt that its illegal to use it. I downloaded it for the trial, and so far it still works, so in my mind its fine. Maybe it isnt completely 100% ethical, but ive spent enough friggen money on music ****, and im in university, so if nothing is wrong with reaper, im not going to "fix" it.

Oh, and dont bother torrenting full versions of cubase or other large programs like that. They rarely work. And pro tools will not work for sure, you need mbox.