k so i got my first acoustic for christmas after playing electric for about a year. well finally my G string broke and i have no idea how to get it off. is it ok to take out the bridge pin with a pair of needle nosed pliers or wat. i need to get it off before it scratches up my guitar. thanks for any help
dave matthews might.. just.. be.. god..

Quote by gregs1020
yes, pointing it at your head will send the sound towards your head.

it's the same with guns too, before you go testing that one.
No spoon, no teeth, no pliers! All you should ever need is your brain and hands. Think about it kiddies. Learn how the bridge pins work with the strings to keep them in place, then you'll know how to remove them easily, WITHOUT tools, and without running the risk of damaging your guitar in the process.
Just push the broken string into the guitar a little, down where it comes out of the bridge. Once you know it's loose, pull the pin up and out nice and easy. For stubborn ones, you can push up on the bottom side of the pin, if you can get your hand into the soundhole. For those type of guitars without soundholes, then use the stringwinder/pin puller. That at least is made for the job.
Quote by LeftyDave
No spoon, no teeth, no pliers! All you should ever need is your brain and hands. Think about it kiddies. Learn how the bridge pins work with the strings to keep them in place, then you'll know how to remove them easily, WITHOUT tools, and without running the risk of damaging your guitar in the process.
Just push the broken string into the guitar a little, down where it comes out of the bridge. Once you know it's loose, pull the pin up and out nice and easy. For stubborn ones, you can push up on the bottom side of the pin, if you can get your hand into the soundhole. For those type of guitars without soundholes, then use the stringwinder/pin puller. That at least is made for the job.

Glad someone else said this as well. No tools needed at all.
********May Truth and Good Music Prevail!********