I need a metal guitar from $700 - $1,000. Any suggestions? If you have any questions, shoot.
Im already getting a Marshall MG100HDFX Half Stack, Im just wondering what guitar I should get in the future
^+1, that Avenger will sound a lot better when being played through a better amp.
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
Quote by pbuddyjman
Im already getting a Marshall MG100HDFX Half Stack, Im just wondering what guitar I should get in the future

No.
Quote by Metalcoresoul
^+1, that Avenger will sound a lot better when being played through a better amp.

Im using a vox ad50 vt right now, not a very metally amp.

and gooley, why no?
Quote by pbuddyjman

and gooley, why no?

My friend owns that same Vox amp, and I have played through it many times, its a nice amp for getting some bluesy or Classic Rock-ish sounds, but it is far from a Metal amp (as you stated). Try Peavey, some of their amps are very good, especially the 5150/6505.

Quote by pbuddyjman

and gooley, why no?

If you're wanting metal, MG's are a pretty bad choice.

The AD50VT will sound alot better than the halfstack, you would be better off getting a new amp.
Quote by pbuddyjman

>.<
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
Quote by Metalcoresoul
My friend owns that same Vox amp, and I have played through it many times, its a nice amp for getting some bluesy or Classic Rock-ish sounds, but it is far from a Metal amp (as you stated). Try Peavey, some of their amps are very good, especially the 5150/6505.

I thot peavy was classic rockish, I was looking into marshall or randall but randall doesnt have much
Quote by pbuddyjman
I thot peavy was classic rockish, I was looking into marshall or randall but randall doesnt have much

The Peavey 5150 and 6505 (+) are thoroughbred Metal amps, specifically designed for Metal, you MAY (after tweaking with the EQ knobs) be able to get a Classic-Rockish sound, but the Peavey amps I listed (which are essentially the same) are very good Metal amps.

With the budget you have, you could easily find a good used 5150

Quote by pbuddyjman

and gooley, why no?

I have the same amp, and can pull metal just fine out of it.

If you want a more metal sound, don't get the MG. For that 600 bucks, you can get a B52 or a Bugera.
Quote by pbuddyjman

Get something like a jcm900, not the lowest end marshall amps you can find
id say get a pedal,
like the boss mt-2 metal zone
but dont get the marshall stack
trust me i own one :/
Iceman w/ emgs
fender fmdsp65
Boss MetalZone
Fender Cybertwin
Epi LP plus top
Zoom gfx4
Death metal (sounds amazing through bass amp)
ibanez weeping demon
Quote by pbuddyjman
y doesnt marshall all of a sudden suck? I thot they were the best

They don't, just the MG's
Ibanez VBT700 V-Blade
Ibanez RG220B
Dean Vendetta 1.0
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech XMM Metal Master
Digitech RP80 Multi Effects
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
dont get a b-52 unless youre willing to shell out some extra cash for an od pedal. I got the chance to try one, and though its nice, the distortion just isnt heavy enough for metal imo.
Quote by pbuddyjman

dude.....im sure its been said.......but don't.....just don't........its a garbage amp.

Don't stay away from the 5150.....don't be ignorant. Eddie didn't even use a standard 5150. He had his completely modded and gutted.
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
Quote by Aleene
If you're wanting metal, MG's are a pretty bad choice.

The AD50VT will sound alot better than the halfstack, you would be better off getting a new amp.

Even with their "crushing distortion"?

Seriously,TS,don't get one.

I'm not an expert on amps (far from it,actually) but a good amp and maybe a bridge PUP swap would do the trick.
Quote by jerm__
dude.....im sure its been said.......but don't.....just don't........its a garbage amp.

Don't stay away from the 5150.....don't be ignorant. Eddie didn't even use a standard 5150. He had his completely modded and gutted.

I would agree with that, but TS isn't wanting Metal like At the Gates, In Flames, CoB, etc. He's wanting thrash, Pantera, and pop-metal, I would go with the 5150 on Pantera, but the other 2 are kinda bright for the 5150 imo.

I'm gonna suggest the JCM900 like a guy said earlier.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS