Page 1 of 3
Well....

I got bored yesterday and decided to see how low I could get my tuning.

I got my Electric down to B Standard, and my Acoustic down to A Standard.

So, UG, how low can you go?
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
lowest I've gotten was Drop F but thats way too low. Lowest I go is Drop A sharp and Drop C.
doesnt really count but the tuning Sikth used in Bland Street Bloom where the low E is a G =/ that took a bitch to set up with a double locking trem
7 String - Drop Octave D (sounds like FLUB though)

6 String - G Standard (Damn you Mortician)
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
I dunno, G i think, mabye F#.

I didn't check, I just went really low before it sounded like ****.

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
On mine, I think it was in standard Bb. That sounded damn good. My brother plays a 7321 so I think he probably got it down lower than F.
I just tuned my E string to B so I could play Seven Nation Army
D standard.... =/
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Quote by MiKe110991
doesnt really count but the tuning Sikth used in Bland Street Bloom where the low E is a G =/ that took a bitch to set up with a double locking trem

haha^^

Standard tuning with E dropped to B.
Quote by Nakon14

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Crate GTD65
Vox DA5
Drop C, but my strings feel way too loose. I don't play much drop C...just some Nickelback and stuff.
I always tune to Drop B for my songs and covers.
With songs in other drop tunings i usually play them in my tunings and standard songs i just tune my Low E string up.
I love playing in Drop B, its my style of playing, but on my acoustic its Drop C.
Drop B for teh lulz. But what's up with all the tuning threads.....
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by stratman_13
Drop B for teh lulz. But what's up with all the tuning threads.....

Some guy started a Drop D, then someone else a Drop C... I took the piss by making a Drop Bb.
never gone furnther than c standard...but usually never leave Eb...ever...
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
From low to high ADGCFA. i really wanted to play some korn. didnt sound too bad with the volume and bass up.
Obsession! Obsessive! Obsessed! Abscess!
When I'm fixing to take my strings off to change them, I put my guitar in drop A and let the evil flow forth for a little bit. I have to crank the gain a little more and pick softly or the strings flop around, but it's just for fun for a little bit.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by Midnight Murk
I really haven't bothered using anything than E standard, so that's as low as I've gone. If you really want to drop the tuning down that far, buy a bass guitar.

Dear lord.

I'll say it for the last time, if someone wants to play in F Standard so be it. If you like playing in E good for you, but that doesn't make you any better than the guy who plays "that" low.

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
I've gone as far as C standard, which isn't much. My favorite is drop C# =)
U-G Profile

Gear:
Seagull S Series Acoustic
Ibanez RG2EX1
DigiTech Grunge Distortion Guitar Effects Pedal
DigiTech Hardwire Series TL-2 Metal Distortion Guitar Effects Pedal
1980 Fender Vibro Champ (Weber Speaker, 6L6)
When I had these really freakin' thick strings on it, I had to go down to Drop A or Drop Ab, I forgot which it was. But it sounded awesome. I play through a bass amp, anyway. :P
I sued Delta Airlines, 'cause they sold me a ticket to New Jersey, I went there, and it SUCKED.
Quote by Midnight Murk
I don't think I'm better than anybody.

However, I can accept tuning a few steps down, but going down to like A or A# is too low for me.

It's called an opinion.

Yeah, you overstepped the boundary of opinion by saying that you should just go buy a bass if you play in A.

Which, is also stupid because A is a few steps above Octave E (a.k.a. Bass Tuning).

Quote by eggsandham2
Quote by Midnight Murk
You can easily play that same A by playing the third string open on a bass. I'd say that's bass territory.

Next time I feel the urge to play a note that low, I'll go buy a cheap bass starter pack to get my fix. However, you can go ahead and play it -- I really don't care.

I don't play that low, I only play in E (most of the time).

It still doesn't give you the right to say that anyone in a tuning lower than C should buy a bass.

Quote by eggsandham2
Next week it will be in standard tuning...

F#BEADGBe

Currently it's
F#C#G#C#F#A#D#
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Drop infinity when I changing strings.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

i've gone down to drop b, but i was also doing a lot of experimental/avant garde stuff at the time and deemed it necessary. it wasnt though.
i once tuned my guitar to F# standard. if i feel like mucking around i usually go to Drop A because nile use that. My favourite tunind is 1.5 steps down standard (C# standard).
Quote by Phe4rTheGod

awww...talkin shit tryin to defend a fagband??? how cute...fuck opeth...lamb of god is what makes metal these days...they are what pantera was in the 80's and 90's...prickfuck...talk shit...

Page 1 of 3