So we were discussing in astronomy (a loong time ago before i got bored and stopped going) if aliens exist or not. i there were like 4 possible answers.

1. Earth is purposely isolated (The zoo hypothesis)- theyre just watching us

2. They are too alien- too good for us

3. They are non-technological

4. They are here unobserved

it was the Fermi Paradox incase any of you have heard about it.

i personally like the one about the aliens putting us here just to watch us and were like their guinea pigs and its kinda like the south park episode where we are just on a giant tv program and they just watch us and laugh. i think that one is true because man! ive had some crazy dreams about some aliens. and the other night when i was drunk i was talking to my bro who was also drunk and we realized that we have had the same dreams like alot of times.

maybe the aliens come down and take us up there when were young and do stuff to us. because i cant remember anything from when i was yuoung except my crazy alien dreams.... iono what do u guys think about aliens?

exist or dont exist?
To think that we are the only life in the universe is just absurd.
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

i think they exist.
but they just dont know about us and we dont know about them.
Did i eat too many?
did I jump in too fast?
how long's this shit last?
Everyone take off ya mask, I lost my grasp

Like weeds?
Quote by stitches31
. and the other night when i was drunk i was talking to my bro who was also drunk and we realized that we have had the same dreams like alot of times.

Far out dude!

Edit: Aliens exist. We just don't know it yet.
Quote by Incesticide
i think they exist.
but they just dont know about us and we dont know about them.

I agree
Quote by saphrax
Far out dude!

Edit: Aliens exist. We just don't know it yet.

rofl.... i hate that movie
I'm positive there are aliens. Not the conventional little green men, but definately life outside of Earth.
Just think, all those stars when you look up in the night sky, could have in their orbit a planet the same distance as Earth is from our Sun, and could have been hit by an asteroid or comet. Since the universe is infinite, basically it's guaranteed there is extra-terrestrial life of some kind somewhere.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
The nearest star to our own is 4.3 light years away, in other words, to travel that distance, one would have to travel at the speed of light in order to get there withing 4.3 years.
The energy required to go faster approaches infinity as you approach the speed of light, so no conceivable method of accelerating a spacecraft anywhere near to that speed is going to work.
This actualy means that to actualy travel that distance, using the fastest means we could concievably think of, would actualy take thousands of years.
That's if there happened to be any life there, for all we know, life could only occur in one in every thousand solar systems. If that is the case, the distances between them could be so far, that it would be inconcievable for any alien life form to have found another alien life form, no matter how advanced they are.
^^ not true. we have no idea what kind of technology other life forms have. i think if we live past 2012 and get into 2050 or possibly 3000 we will definately have the means of reaching other planets. we can just make pit stops. like stop at moon make station, refuel, and so on.
We have life because of our placement in the suns orbit, they say venus is to hot (plus it has no atmosphere I think) and mars is too cold, so, in order for there to be life, we need to find a similar solar system and a planet in our position, and with all of the galaxies and all of the solar systems, its rare, but cirtainly possible.
Quote by stitches31
^^ not true. we have no idea what kind of technology other life forms have. i think if we live past 2012 and get into 2050 or possibly 3000 we will definately have the means of reaching other planets. we can just make pit stops. like stop at moon make station, refuel, and so on.

The Earth will be in existance (with whatever life on it) until the sun becomes what I think is called a Red Giant. That is, unless some large body doesnn't knock into us like a sumo wrestler and a 5 year old kid.
Quote by GuitarMusic4894
The Earth will be in existance (with whatever life on it) until the sun becomes what I think is called a Red Giant. That is, unless some large body doesnn't knock into us like a sumo wrestler and a 5 year old kid.

lol nice analogy. the sun will eventually burn out and before it does it will explode and kill us all but we will probably be dead before that anyway with all the pollution crap.
Quote by stitches31
^^ not true. we have no idea what kind of technology other life forms have.

What I'm saying is that it is theoreticaly impossible to travel anywhere near to the speed of light.
It doesn't matter how technologicaly advanced another life form is, the laws of physics make it a practical impossibility. Admitedly this is as far as we know, maybe aliens know something we don't, but it would seem to be a good explanation for why no alien life forms have ever been proven to have visited us or even made contact.
The universe is so big however that it is inconcievable that the Earth is the only source of life.
Aliens probably do exist but imo life in the universe is too far scattered to make any connection with.
Like the closest star to us after the sun in like 4.3 light years away. Thats hell of a lot of distance!
We have found out that life on this solar system only exists on our planet and life can't exist outside of solar systems cuz a star is the main source of energy for a living organic community to live upon.

Considering the vastness of the universe and the immense distances between stars, there's very little way a life form from another planet can successfully contact us unless that life form is like immortal or has a life of a billion years! Which is highly unlikely!!
But if it is possible then they're gonna be a much much more technically superior life form than us!