Hey guys,

I've trying to remember the name of a particular band I saw on YouTube. They appeared in a video for Guitar World where they demonstrated how to play a certain song. Now, this band was different from any other band I heard. The best way I can describe them was "nerdy". The music was very technical and sounded very strange. The name of the song was also very strange (something like revenge of Cthulu--not exactly the title of the song, but trust me, it sounded, again, very nerdy). I remember looking them up on iTunes and they had only one album and on the cover was the skull of an animal that appeared sort of like a cow skull. The album title was also very dorky, nerd-like. The album came out quite recently too, probably sometime after 2000. Anyone got any ideas?
Behold... The Arctopus?

I'm probably wrong, but I don't know.
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

Dude, thank you so much! I honestly thought that no one was going to be able to answer me.
Quote by woodenbandman
I guess that the rebellious, strong guy is more appealing than the guy who worships the ground you walk on and would take a bullet for you.

Gear:
Cordoba C5-Ce
Martin DX121
Martin LXM
Ibanez S520EX-> Weeping Demon Wah-> Roland Cube 20x
Quote by The Pickle Man
That was the first band that entered my mind. Ugh. Why would you want to look them up?

Because some people enjoy them.
I remember talking to my friend about certain musical genres and I remember him bringing up Mathcore and for some strange reason, these guys popped into my head. I wouldn't consider them to fall along the lines of Mathcore, but hearing "math" made me thinking "nerdy" which made me remember the time I saw these guys on YouTube. When I heard their band's name and their song titles I couldn't help but think "Those are some pretty nerdy names". I couldn't remember the band's name and I really wanted to tell my friend about them.
I can't stand them, it sounds so bad. Regardless of their technique.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Those are some of the reactions I had when I watched it. Although the music is rather strange and I personally don't like it, I admire the fact that its rather unique and very technical.
Quote by ironman1478
why is that neck so huge

Why do they suck so bad?
Airship is liek teh best giitar playr evr!!111!1!

Quote by solidgay
Don't use distortion pedals. Just bury your guitar for three weeks, and then dig it up, that should do the job.

^Best Reply Ever!

Quote by imdeth
metaldud damn it I said ignore the penis!
they are unique, but maybe just a little too unique for my taste now that i have watched that video twice. they are very technical however