****** thats **** i cant believe someone would put up a video like that thats soo offensive as a bassist
Quote by I Be Andyy
That gives you rank of -10 out of 10. You fail. Go play the flute.

----GEAR----
Gibson voodoo sg
Schecter hellraiser c-1 fr (07' model)
Fender american strat
Martin 000-28
Peavey bandit 112
Mesa mark 5
Mesa stiletto 4x12
Quote by sexothemonkee
****** thats **** i cant believe someone would put up a video like that thats soo offensive as a bassist

it's not a video....

but what exactly is the offensive part?
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

If you notice how's he emphasising the words, he's joking about the top 2 part
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Last edited by ChemicalFire at Jun 23, 2008,
What a pretentious ****.
P.L.U.R.

We'll choke on our vomit and that will be the end

We were fated to pretend
oh i get it. there is a video....now it's funny.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

Wow, definetly not as good as real bass, but if they start using this in rap/club songs instead of ****ty synth bass, itll be one step closer to real music.
Don't take this too seriously guys. There is a great part of joking in this.
The world is a vampire. - Billy Corgan
Anyone who thinks this is offensive, needs to grow up, it's just what drummer have had to put up with for god knows how long

Quote by DisarmGoliath
He's absolutely right. You don't need a bass to write a bassline. It's not offensive at all. Hell, I use soundfonts for all kinds of instruments within Ableton because you can do stuff with them a hell of a lot easier than with an instrument. Plus, I don't own all the physical instruments. I have the kick drums used by Arch Enemy, snares from Metallica, a load of NIN soundfonts. I have at least 15 bass guitar patches. Offensive? Barely. Another way to create a bassline? Yes.
^ That's something I love about now. When our heroes were learning to write songs they couldn't just fire up their laptop in the middle of the night and put together a load of samples to hear how it sounds. I'm glad that this all became possible just when I started learning music. I bet Bill Ward never expected someone 35 years later to be dissecting Sabbath songs so I could use his bass drum and snare in some dance mixes
Do you really find this offensive...?
Quote by TiMaRmStRoNg101
there was once this girl
in my school
and she was like
'greenday is so punk'

and i was all
omgelitist
'fawkofffffffffff'
and punched her in the face.
cause i can do that
cause I know more about punk rock and stuff
Quote by smb
^ That's something I love about now. When our heroes were learning to write songs they couldn't just fire up their laptop in the middle of the night and put together a load of samples to hear how it sounds. I'm glad that this all became possible just when I started learning music. I bet Bill Ward never expected someone 35 years later to be dissecting Sabbath songs so I could use his bass drum and snare in some dance mixes

Exactly. It's just another Tool.

Hell, on one of the more recent Meshuggah albums, the drums are completely programmed.
Yup

I'm not really interested in those bass sounds though - the model choices on the Variax are much better.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
He's absolutely right. You don't need a bass to write a bassline. It's not offensive at all. Hell, I use soundfonts for all kinds of instruments within Ableton because you can do stuff with them a hell of a lot easier than with an instrument. Plus, I don't own all the physical instruments. I have the kick drums used by Arch Enemy, snares from Metallica, a load of NIN soundfonts. I have at least 15 bass guitar patches. Offensive? Barely. Another way to create a bassline? Yes.

This.
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
I showed my husband that video today and he just laughed really hard. And then handed me his "Drum machines have no soul" T shirt and smiled, saying "Join the club, dear".

I agree with Ben and Boyce; the ability to use this or the Variax to write songs just blows my mind completely, and creates an economic solution for everyone to compose and record. And for practice, having a programmable set of instruments to play against would be wonderful.

Really, its only a fews steps up from a loop in a way. Think of the bass duos you could develop and layer!
I don't find it offensive, its not something I would use I don't think but I can see where it would help other players and musicians.
I highly doubt that a vintage les paul bass is a highly desired tone in the music industry.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Quote by kranoscorp
I highly doubt that a vintage les paul bass is a highly desired tone in the music industry.

+1

But the program seems cool, dunno why anyone would be against it. Obviously it isn't a substitute for the second best bass player ever, but its good.
This is a great idea.
I might even look into it.
I made bass parts for some songs of mine, but i dont have a bass or a bass amp. It looks really usefull if you wanna make some mixes.
Oh, come on. Within the first minute (i.e. as soon as I heard that voice over) I knew the whole thing was tongue and cheek. OK, the humour's a bit more subtle than the Pete Wentz thread, but still...
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by eaton1012
So they're trying to replace us with computer software.
(-_-)

Every instrument can be replaced by computer software, they're just not as good as the real thing.

Quote by DisarmGoliath