alright so we all have our own technique and we all do something different than anyone else(or at least that we know of). so list something special about your technique
Last edited by ironman1478 at Jun 23, 2008,
I pick really smoothly, so it looks like I'm picking slower than I am.
Quote by Gunpowder
C'mon, man. We're just kidding. We all know that drummers are important.

After all, without drummers, who would bag my groceries?

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
Muting strings that shouldn't be played and adding muted strings to chord changes.
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
i forgot to contribute.

i do pinch harmonics with my index fingernail because of how i pick and people always wonder how i do it without making it obvious
well I know all these are far from unique but they are when considering the few people i usually play with...

I like little tripplet runs and very precise bends. idk
I like breaking up chords and using staccato-like techniques. As well using legato quite a lot, probably too much. I also like to choke up on my pick while strumming distorted powerchords. Its hard to explain the sound it makes, you'd have to try it yourself, i find it makes the chords really come alive.
i usually pick sideways instead of parallel to the strings. not only for tremolo picking and stuff, but everything. oddly enough, except sweep picking
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
i tend to do this thing if im really into what im playing where i move my hand as if im gna strum all the strings violently and then i just pick the next note. i dont really think ive explained it properly but hey, even the internet has limits.
Well, I play fingerstyle, for one thing. not quite traditional fingerstyle, yet not really clawhammer either, but general picking with the fingers. Whoever mentioned the harmonics with the fingernail, that's what I tend to do as well.

Also, I tend to play the neck more like a classical guitarist would, with my thumb directly on the back of the neck, not wrapped around.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
not neccassarily about tech., but i grind & file my picks down so i have more control and dexterity and speed with em

mehh
All Shall Perish, ABRB, Behemoth, Belay My Last, TBDM, Born Of Osiris, Carnifex, Despised Icon, I Declare War, Impending Doom, Odious Mortem, Salt The Wound, Suicide Silence, WhiteChapel
I'm left handed but play right handed (didn't force myself to, it just felt "right" when I first picked up a guitar) so I'm not that great at fast picking, which means most of my style is legato-based (which I find easy, due to fretting with my left hand). I think it's interesting, it probably isn't.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
O i tend to add this thing called a "mistake" here and there sometimes. I think it adds a different feel to the music.
On a serious note. I reli choke up hard in palm mutes so my palm mutes sound liek they have more balls.
Gear:
ESP LTD EC 1000 Black
Squier Satin Strat H-S-S
ENGL Fireball 60w Head
Orange 1x12 Cab with Vintage 30's.
Monster Cables
Dunlop Ultex Jazz 3s XL
Ernie Ball 54-11

When practicing a song over and over, when I start to get bored of it, I randomly slide down on the last note before a change to something else.

I love adding a reggae type feel to songs by playing very short chords by muting the strings quickly.

I can pull off from one fret to another fine, but I struggle to pull off to an open string without sounding the other notes.

I like the play songs I've learnt an octave higher when I'm bored, it also helps me get used to the fret board scaling which is great.

That's all I can think of.
i use lots of double stops,and occasionally when bending the high e i catch the b for a fuller sounds and bend both of them.......
meh
I use a lot of double stops, leading to bends, and I also pick the strings hardly. It makes the sound more percussive. I also do a lot of hybrid picking when on clean.
In my band's own songs, I tend to "abuse" octaves a lot. Also, I strum all of the strings as if I were doing an open chord, to a constant beat, to add a lot of muted notes between the actual notes. I don't think that's very unique, though.
i also like to choke up on the pick and gently strum heavily distorted chords. also i like to palm mute and down pick the low E string while up picking other chords, for a very 80`s hair band rhythm sound.
epiphone gothic lp
ibanez arc-300
epiphone traditional pro lp
vox ad100vht head.
vox cab