I have a quick question.

Do the block letter 5150's sound better than the script ones? I know it's just opinion, but anyone who has played through one or owns one should have a strong opinion on either....I've heard the block letters have better components, also i'm too lazy to look, what is the tube configuration in these?
There the same amp, the only difference was the stock tubes that were put in them at the time. Those tubes should be long gone by now so dont worry about which one your getting.
you mean like this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/original-peavey-5150-amp-head_W0QQitemZ230264314817QQihZ013QQcategoryZ10171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Don't know actually, but it didn't take me long to find SOMETHING ffs
Quote by IbanezPsycho
There the same amp, the only difference was the stock tubes that were put in them at the time. Those tubes should be long gone by now so dont worry about which one your getting.

That
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
you mean like this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/original-peavey-5150-amp-head_W0QQitemZ230264314817QQihZ013QQcategoryZ10171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Don't know actually, but it didn't take me long to find SOMETHING ffs

that's a script head, the block letters just have a solid EVH at the bottom. What about the 6505's do these sound any good? I might consider upgrading someday...I just found this head, $400, it's not a looker, but i'm gonna go play on it first.
Quote by Inbleach
I have a quick question.

i'm too lazy to look, what is the tube configuration in these?

^OK. Well, I obviously don't know these amps and was just trying to help so I'll shut up now.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Jun 23, 2008,
5150 = 6505
they are EXACTLY the same.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
^OK. Well, I obviously don't know these amps and was just trying to help so I'll shup up know.

Oh I wasn't insulting you, I was just saying, sorry if it came across like that.
Quote by Inbleach
Do they sound any different?

Nope, they're the same amp with a different name.
Quote by Inbleach
Do they sound any different?

Theres alot of myths and opinions surrounding that. Best to play them both and you be the judge. And yes they are the exact same amp.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Theres alot of myths and opinions surrounding that. Best to play them both and you be the judge. And yes they are the exact same amp.

thanks, i'll try one out...I might just upgrade to a Boogie after this though.
Also what are some good settings to get a Trivium-esque tone out of it.....I know alot of people hate Trivium on here, but I like their guitar tone and I think they're pretty good guitarists (minus their vibrato)
5150 and 6505's have not changed circuits in any way, even the transformers have remained the same, ask any tech who works on them they'll confirm.
"People worry too much about tone instead of just rocking out"