So here's the deal. I have an Oxygen 8 v2 MIDI controller that I'm running through Nuendo 3. I was having the same issue in Cubase SX3. The issue is when I'm playing through my controller in real time, the notes have huge latency issues. But when I play back, it seems to record at the right time. This is a huge bother, trying to play something and hearing it split seconds off time the whole way. What's the deal?!
Well, this sounds like a buffer issue to me. I can't speak for Nuendo, but I know it's similar in operation to Cubase, so this might help...

Go to devices > device setup > vst audiobay. Click control panel, then from there lower the number of buffers. Less buffers will result in less latency, but too few and you might experience clipping/crackling.
There is poetry in despair.
Quote by fridge_raider
Well, this sounds like a buffer issue to me. I can't speak for Nuendo, but I know it's similar in operation to Cubase, so this might help...

Go to devices > device setup > vst audiobay. Click control panel, then from there lower the number of buffers. Less buffers will result in less latency, but too few and you might experience clipping/crackling.

I'm in VST Audiobay in cubase and there's no control panel option. Just expert, and there's no buffer option in there

Also, what's an average buffer size?
Last edited by yatta at Jun 23, 2008,
Hmmm.... I always adjust my buffer size (using Cubase) in my sound card applet. (Delta 1010).

If I want to monitor my source through cubase, as I record it, I think it goes down to something like 72 samples or something ridiculously low like that. but as fridge raider says... watch for snap, crackle and pop to appear if you're being too demanding on your system.

I typically monitor through a mixer and send a signal to Cubase from there, so I just keep it around 1500 samples or so. Lots of latency, but when you're not monitoring through Cubase, who cares?

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.