so i recently got photoshop 7 and have been toying with fonts brushes etc and i made these 2 flyers for my band. their are alot of local bands around who have shows and i was thinkin maybe i could set up a little myspace and make flyers for like 5 or 10 dollars...unless of course im garbage or whatever, i was wondering if you guys would crit these real quick and let me know what you think

By all means sell them if you can, but keep working on them and trying new things (the red stroke doesn't really work in the first one).
do you have any ideas of what i could do to the first one instead of the red stroke? i thought it was a little lame too but i wanted to add SOMETHING other than just white and dark red on grey/black
it looks pretty good except the font in the first one that sais the cause and adress it doesnt really fit in
They look good, but a little too normal. You can definitely sell them though, just keep experimenting.
Who dat?
Maybe put a red outer glow, because the stroke makes it look a bit sharp and pixellated, but an outer glow would blend nicer.
wtf under 21 is 8 bucks..

what a rip off.
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
Lol at metal-sounding bands playing at a church. I think the red band logo in the second one looks out of place. Doesn't blend in that well.
Loyal Member of the "Pluto Memorial Club." PM Dæmönika
Member 20 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09
Member 4 of UG's Anti-Hunting League - PM Holy Katana
Heretic And Killer, P.M guitar_man_guy or T0xicitY
Anyone who is familiar with Photoshop is going to hardcore critiscize anyone who spends money on those, no offense. And anyone who is familiar with Photoshop isn't going to spend money on them.

Here are the things you're doing wrong imo:
Fancy fonts and Arial or whatever you used right there don't go well together. Although different bands might want different fonts, you have to maintain some sort of consistency and Arial completely throws that off. Find another unique font and increase the stroke. On the first flyer, the red stroke is a no-no. Why? Because to begin with, I would never use the default stroke color on anything that I use stroke with. Secondly, that font is way to thin to be using a stroke with in my opinion. Again with the arial in those corners, not to mention you can barely read the maroonish font. But, keep working at it. I think they're good enough that venues might use them for free, but I doubt anyone would pay for them unless they felt obligated to.

Edit:

Around here "metalcore" bands playing at churches is the popular thing. Especially with Cornerstone around the corner.

any better?

^ i also changed the stroke color of SATURDAY to be the same color as that of HOODFEST (the dark red)
I like that a lot better. Actually, I would make the time/date/cost the same font and color as the "Hoodfest" thing, so that it kinda balances each other out. You're pretty good at the backgrounds and stuff though. I like the textures.
The red font at the top should be altered, it's a bit small. Otherwise it's not bad
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Don't use the default stroke color. I think it would look better if you used the glow, not stroke. Try to use more exiting fonts.

EDIT: The new one looks much better.
The first one seems a tad boring. Everything is horizontal and lines up with even spacing. It look too generic. Simply pushing things together a little bit would make it look better.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
tHE FIRST ONE HADE THE BAND NAMES SEPERATED BUT THE SECOND ONE ALL THE NAMES BLENDED TOGETHER TRY MAKNG THE BAND NAMES STAND OUT FROM EACH OTHER JUST A BIT BUT DONT OVER DUE IT LIKE THE FIRST ONE.
Life is short and hard like a bodybuilding dwarf.
You should sort your text hierarchy out on your first flyer. Have the small print at the bottom of the page (the church address etc) and don't have type going so close to the side edges. You probably don't need 'with' on there either.
Idiot Pineapple wrote:

I've always held the theory that the Cold War was started because of guitar tabs.

Flickr-mus Prime