I need a quiet amp. . .college environments So...... anyone have some jaw dropping experiences with a low wattage amp. I really like the old school plexi tone so I was naturally looking at the 1974x handwired by marshall. Price is no option so anyone throw me your ideas and recommendations.

Thanks
just keep ur old rig and throw some headphones on it

but if u have to get a new smaller amp, try a microcube
there awesome
Well, if you like the old school plexi tone and you want it under 30 watts, look at the Ceriatone 18 watts, mainly the TMB and TMB EF86. It's what I'm getting.
You're going to college and you don't know how to use "<" and ">" correctly?

Anyways, even a five watt tube amp would likely be too much for a dorm. This is one situation where SS might be better suited.
get a very good multi effects pedal, plug into laptop=win.

Or get your own custom amp.
Quote by T!AN
You're going to college and you don't know how to use "<" and ">" correctly?

Anyways, even a five watt tube amp would likely be too much for a dorm. This is one situation where SS might be better suited.

ZOMG!!! PWn3d!

Anyway, yes, a SS modeler or a multi efx pedal would be the best option. Vox DA5 ftw.
Quote by Tom_hatton
How about those Blackheart mini half-stacks? They're 5w valve I think.

ya the black heart is a nice tube amp that isnt too loud, the head is only 5watts
*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Epi Valve Jr. is only 5w, but it is still too loud for a college environment. Solid State seems to be your best option here. Somthing like a POD through headphones would work pretty well in your case;.
02 MiM Telecaster-----\__Digitech Whammy__TS-10__535q__DE-7__6505+ 112
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
Quote by powerpiker
ya the black heart is a nice tube amp that isnt too loud, the head is only 5watts

It can even be turned down to 3.
Blackstar HT-5

Agile AL-2000 with Chrome Hardware
Something else to consider is the Fender Vibro-Champ XD. It's 5 watt class-A tube combo amp, with built-in modeling and effects. I've got one on order and am looking forward to getting it this week so I'll report back later on how it does at low volumes - this was important to me too so I won't drive my wife nuts.
Quote by imgooley
ZOMG!!! PWn3d!

Anyway, yes, a SS modeler or a multi efx pedal would be the best option. Vox DA5 ftw.

Agrog'd.