How do I get it so that when I turn my pedal on, my bass doesn't get 10 times louder?
Quote by zeppelin42
How do I get it so that when I turn my pedal on, my bass doesn't get 10 times louder?

Ask a stupid question......

Quote by 6-string-yay
there should be a level knob or something liek that

wat pedal r u using

'nuff said.

Maybe go into more detail.... for example tell us what you setup is?

If its Bass->pedal->amp then we would know straight away that its not another pedal causing the massive boost.

Also specify if you mean bass as in "your guitar" or bass as in "as apposed to treble"....
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

Quote by buzz
Ask a stupid question......

'nuff said.

Maybe go into more detail.... for example tell us what you setup is?

If its Bass->pedal->amp then we would know straight away that its not another pedal causing the massive boost.

Also specify if you mean bass as in "your guitar" or bass as in "as apposed to treble"....

Well, I only have the one pedal, so it's just the bass-pedal-amp like you said.

And every time I adjust the level knob it affects the amount of distortion for some reason.
well what amp are you using? and if the pedal boosts mids, like ALLOT of OD's do, it is problably overdriving your amp even at unity gain. if you dont actually know what distortion is, just understand that mids=grit.
this could be due the fact that, loud amps seem to sustain more even if they actually dont because the quieter sounds at the end of a notes decay are more audible.
this could also be due to the fact that the quieter things are, the less treble and bass we hear, and the more mids we hear. when we hear louder sounds, we hear more treble and bass.
this could be a combination of these things