Page 1 of 2
They changed up their style a lot. Thats not a good thing. The singing sounds pretty bad. I liked Save the Martyr, Bless the Child or whatever album that was.
Its actually not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I'm pretty surprised. It wasn't half bad at all. I still think they're current vocalist is pretty much horse **** though.
And you can't spell funeral
without fun
hope you had a good time
cuz now your life is done
Not bad. I liked Redeemer a little more, but i think Anti Mother has the potential to top it.
Sounds redeemerish.

██ ██
██ ██
██ ██

It actually sounds like music. Much more concise and simpler than then O God and the Redeemer, but it pays off and its a lot more listenable. Music is not that complicated or technical enough for my taste but its still kinda catchy.

Vox still leave me wanting and reminded how much Scogin ruled back then.
Quote by werty22
They're not talking about hardcore punk, they're talking about "hardcore." It has little in common with its roots in the '80s.

Quote by recklessnick
when i ask questions. people reply with a stupid green smiley face sign

Heres lookin to you
Idk why everybody talks **** about their vocal guy...
I actually like his scream you know, its different, and its not the same **** we've heard over and over....
NJ is a pretty good band(A Small Spark Vs. A Great Forest is the best song by them hands down BTW) but they have really good potential to be great!
They just need a little work thats all...
Quote by Lewis vs Clark
They've posted another new song today called The Birth of the Anti Mother.

There we go...that song is pretty awesome. Sounds the same as everything else they've done, but i still like it.
i wasnt paying attention when the song played, and i heard the vocals and was like A7x?? and then realized it was Norma jean =(
Quote by nexteyenate
+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

leftybassdude's opinion is superior to anyone else's

Member of The Weakerthans Fan Club
PM TechnicolorBoy or maybe_I_am to join
Birth of the Anti Mother sounds better. But seems like they're not going to top Redeemer with this one.

██ ██
██ ██
██ ██

Quote by Time To Dance!
Idk why everybody talks **** about their vocal guy...
I actually like his scream you know, its different, and its not the same **** we've heard over and over....
NJ is a pretty good band(A Small Spark Vs. A Great Forest is the best song by them hands down BTW) but they have really good potential to be great!
They just need a little work thats all...

Scogin was way more unique than this vocalist.
I personally love the new songs. It's different from their old stuff, but it sounds great.

I think his singing sounds amazing
The best thing about life is knowing you put it together
Sounds like "Ambulance" era Thrice, only a bit more raw. It's not a bad song, just not what I was hoping for. I quite like it.
Vocals got worse.

Its alright I guess. Doubt I'll pick up the album.
sorry to double post, but...

at 1:35 in "the birth of anti mother"

is that seriously a bunch of teenage girls skipping rope? what the f*ck am I hearing!? it sounds like a f*cking middle school playground.

i take it back. new **** sucks.
so ten seconds completely runed it for you?

im picky when it comes to music, but geez.

it is kind of strange though, but i like it
Quote by treflip
Sounds like "Ambulance" era Thrice, only a bit more raw. It's not a bad song, just not what I was hoping for. I quite like it.

thats kind of what i was thinking

i don't know its alright i was never really a fan
other then the song with aaron weiss in it

its not bad at all i just don't think its something i would listen to very offten on my own
What the hell is up with the female vocals? That was weird. The rest sounds like Botch + ETID (who kind of ride Botch's ass, but whatever). Not horrible but not great.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Quote by Aveks
sorry to double post, but...

at 1:35 in "the birth of anti mother"

is that seriously a bunch of teenage girls skipping rope? what the f*ck am I hearing!? it sounds like a f*cking middle school playground.

i take it back. new **** sucks.

I think the female vocals sound great.

██ ██
██ ██
██ ██

heres my theory for Norma Jean

they copied botch for O god and bless the myrter and it wasn't anwhere near as good as american nevoso or we are the romans, then they kinda extended teh botch sound on reedemer which made it a decent album, that i actually enjoyed. now they clearly ran out of botch songs to rip off, so they moved on to old thrice.

one day norma jean will be a real band, one day
Quote by LeoKhenir
I love you, Killer Bacon.
I saw them at warped tour yesterday, I was suprised that they actually played some of their older stuff, which is all I really like by them. I went ****in crazy when they played Memphis will be laid to waste.
I can't wait for the new album!
I love Norma Jean after O God The Aftermath, because it was exactly that, the aftermath of Josh leaving(I love Bless The Martyr for the record). But they seemed to have picked up the pace and are back on the right track if you ask me.
My Bass Rig (Since Everyone does this)
Fender Jazz 5 String
4x10 Hartke Transporter Series
Behringer BX4500H Ultrabass Bass Head (Changing to a Hartke 5500)

My Band: http://www.myspace.com/morningnj
I liked it...My personal fav Cd from Norma jean would have to be Bless the Martyr And Kiss the child....there music is all good but its like they get softer in every cd they make

Norma Jean still Rocks tough

And Josh Sucks in The Chariot
Meh, I'm not insanely fond of newer Norma Jean. It's not bad, but it's not really something I could listen to a whole lot.
Quote by kaktusnpoop
fixed

+1.

But that's not saying anyhting. Because I hated them back then too
Like-father, like-son rebels bloated on korn, eminems and bizkits. Lord hear our prayer take back your Amy Grant mosh-crews and your fair-weather politics
Quote by Killer_bacon
heres my theory for Norma Jean

they copied botch for O god and bless the myrter and it wasn't anwhere near as good as american nevoso or we are the romans, then they kinda extended teh botch sound on reedemer which made it a decent album, that i actually enjoyed. now they clearly ran out of botch songs to rip off, so they moved on to old thrice.

one day norma jean will be a real band, one day

this
Norma Jean is the ****. I Love Bless the Martyr and Kiss the Child, O' God was way to chaotic to be considered music. Redeemer was good. I can't wait for The Anti-Mother.
~Gigantic Underøath fan~
Quote by Jammin'
you've been playing for 7 to 8 EIGHTS?

Also check out my band Smiles In Sickness
Ughh I think I like O God The Aftermath but I don't want to spend money on a ****ty CD.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Page 1 of 2