I'm getting a new amp, because my old one just won't cut it for loudness, and I was wandering whether I should get a Raven RG60 combo amp or a Behringer Head (V-ampire or V-tone). All are 60 Watt Amps, plus I have a Kustom 15" PA Speaker, that I was gonna use if I only get the head. Also, they are all $200. I was just wandering what would be the best value, and give me the greatest and loudest sound. Thanks
In my experience... Behringer in general makes very average amps, pedals, etc. I tried the Raven once at GC and it wasn't bad. I liked it.
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
I think the Behringer GX V-Tone amps sound really good for $300. I have the 120 watt head and it's basically an all analog dual channel Sansamp/Tech 21 clone.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
I choked on my pretzel when I saw the title. The raven amps sound awful to my ears. Sterile cleans, fizzy gain, the usual problems. Behringer amps= crap, except for the bugeras. But, I would choose the Raven out of those two. Look into a Roland cube or Vox VT
Quote by mcrfobtai
I choked on my pretzel when I saw the title. The raven amps sound awful to my ears. Sterile cleans, fizzy gain, the usual problems. Behringer amps= crap, except for the bugeras. But, I would choose the Raven out of those two. Look into a Roland cube or Vox VT
Have you played a Behringer V-Tone series amp before?
I love making people go WOW! with "crappy" amps.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION