My old B-52 broke down on me(figured it would happen, eventually), so I had to make a warranty claim and I got an Epi VJ stack out of it. For anyone that doesn't know, the Epi is a 5W valve amp(though, if you didn't know that, you probably can't help me ).

Anyway, the thing is just too loud. I can't get enough gain without shaking the walls.

So, basically, I need an attenuator to ease my situation. Is this one the best I can get for the money? The tone control thing doesn't really interest me. I'd be happy with a straight up attenuator if it's cheaper. My price range is $80 or lower, preferably lower. Also, I want a really natural sounding attenuator, nothing that colors the tone too much.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
That looks good.
Weber MASS attenuators are supposedly great, some of the best around.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Ah, I didn't know they were well known, actually. I just stumbled across 'em one day.

If nobody knows of anything better, then that one is exactly what I'll get.
Click for charity.

PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
I just got the Mass Lite 25 for my Epiphone Valve Jr and extension cab. I love it so far! If you are not pressed for time, I'd wait for the Mass III that will have the Tone-Stack on the attenuated signal.

Chris
I guess 2 people that vote for the Weber will have to do since nobody else is replying.

I would wait for it, but I really don't need a 100W attenuator for a 5W amp.
Click for charity.

PM Calebrocker to join.

W00t! I hope the MASS III comes out soon, I want one for my CBB!
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Go for it. I've been doing a lot of reading on the subject lately, and for the price/performance you get a lot.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar