will my acoustic get damaged if i leave the strings off of it overnight? Im asking because tomorrow im going to buy some fresh ones.
Idk, cause the neck needs to have tension. It might produce some effects when you re-string it.
Quote by The_Hell_Patrol
I say pwnd/owned alot, and n00b even more frequently.

It comes up every few seconds actually. I actually said "imma pwn j00 n00b" to my girlfriend i think. She had no idea what i wastalking about, so i pwnt her n00b ass.
I've left my strings off overnight when I thought I had new ones for my acoustic but apparently didn't...it was fine the next day.
Quote by goldmember1217
I swallow it whole, like a man.
What about leaving the strings off for something like.... half a year?

I'm trying to convince my friend that is not healthy for the guitar.
Quote by lithiumftw
i am actually lolling right now!!! lmao!

After 1 and a half long years, someone laughed at one of my posts.

F*CK YEAH
^^

That really isn't good for the guitar. It needs to have tension on it. I think it would be good for one night though, but i usually keep the old ones on until i get the new ones and then i replace them one by one.
Quote by StratoSlayer
What about leaving the strings off for something like.... half a year?

I'm trying to convince my friend that is not healthy for the guitar.

Yeah. Don't do that. You might get away with it, but more than likely it'll screw up the neck.
Quote by David_Bowie=GOD
^^

That really isn't good for the guitar. It needs to have tension on it. I think it would be good for one night though, but i usually keep the old ones on until i get the new ones and then i replace them one by one.

Replacing them one at a time is unnecessary.
Overnight, it will will be fine. For 6 months, I wouldnt recommend it.