i was just wondering wat a good metal amp would be?

thanks in advance
GuItArS
Epiphone Les PAul StandarD

AmPs
Line 6 Spider III 120

group http://

group join if u want Ug hockey fans
Budget?

EDIT: Doesn't matter anyway. Everyones gonna say 6505
Last edited by Tom_hatton at Jun 23, 2008,
Fail
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
well i dont have a budget yet but i mite start savin up for i. i made a bad desicion buying a spider so in the future i mite buy one.
GuItArS
Epiphone Les PAul StandarD

AmPs
Line 6 Spider III 120

group http://

group join if u want Ug hockey fans
my god people, use the searchbar!!! this has been done a thousand times.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

peavey 6505/5150/jsx, mesa rectifier/mark iv, engl powerball/fireball/special edition/savage120, krank krankenstein/revolution
Jackson DK2M White
Mesa Dual Rec(2 channel)
Carvin V212
Search on Metal amps with no budget or information otherwise.

Seriously, go spend some time reading through the thousands of posts over in Guitar Gear and Accessories. Make yourself a short list, create an intelligent Thread over there and provide budget, music style, bands you like, new or used, and whether it is for home practice/jam/or gigging.

imo
Quote by misfitsramones
lol, uhh i just bought the ibanez tone blaster, half stack. its pretty sweet, $700

whatever you do TS, please realize you don't need a halfstack even if you do plan on gigging, that $700 could've gone towards a much better amp than a toneblaster
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Quote by misfitsramones
lol, uhh i just bought the ibanez tone blaster, half stack. its pretty sweet, $700

You paid 700$ for it. Do you live in the US?

I have the same amp, and, despite all the tube purists out there, it's built in distortion kicks the ass out of some tube amps. If you don't wanna bust down a few thousand dollars for a metal amp, I would totally recomend you getting this amp. It's eq is very responsive. It has two channels, and a foot switch option (which you should buy). It also offers one different circuit/channel. So the clean channel has an overdrive channel that can be activated by a button on the amp or a footswitch, and when the gain is pushed up on the clean channel, it can make some great sounding blues. And if the mids are scooped, you can get a nice 80's sounding Marshall on the clean channel.

As for the lead channel, it packs a lot of punch. It really sings on the pinch harmonics, and its low end eq really resonates with balls. It can deliver great Mettalica sounding settings, but I think that it sings a great Pantera-esqe tone. It's secondary circuit is the "x mode" that tightens back the low end, and is not really a solo channel per-se, but can give a different, higher end tone.

It also has independent reverb on each channel and can be activiated on the footswitch. It also adds a "hue" control, that, like presence, can shape the overall brightness of the tone. I just wish you could operate the hue directly. Because it affects both channels.

Over all, the amp is a great score for about 500 bucks before taxes here in the US.

It has great tone, a lot of options, and a steller price.

Tube purists may disagree, but I think it's a great amp.

So give it a spin
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Moved (also adjusted title to be more accurate )
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
Quote by xifr
Moved (also adjusted title to be more accurate )

i didn't even recognise it in the control panel. I swore to myself i would've remembered something like that
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
VHT ftw.
Soldano ftw
Diezel ftw

etc.